Dropbox

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Anybody use Dropbox for cloud storage? I like it better than Google Drive because I can move files directly to Dropbox rather than having to upload them on Drive. And I can download files directly to Dropbox without having to put them on my hard drive first. They give you 2 gigs of space free. That's why I'm posting this. I can get extra space by referring other people to get Dropbox for free storage. 500 megs for each person who gets it through this link

https://db.tt/9UV7Xocb

You can also get some extra free space by doing a few things like following them on Twitter or Facebook.
    https://db.tt/9UV7Xocb to get extra free space

I have about 6 gigs now but I need a little more. You can get a terabyte for about $10 a month but I don't need that much space

Thanks

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I have it. It's great but I have read that it's not the most secure place to store your information.

Very convenient, though.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not using it to keep anything I don't want anybody else to see

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I have used it for about 5 years. They gave me a bonus of about 20 gigs when I bought an HTC phone a couple years ago. I never realized that it was a two year deal. It expired and I've got about 15 gigs of stuff on there and since the 2 years expired nothing else can be uploaded till I get it down below 7 gigs. I am just moving all of my stuff to google. It's free and will work for what I need.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can get more free space. Look at the second link in my first post.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Thanks. I've been aware of that, but I don't want them knowing that much about me.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Google not only tracks your interests in everything but sells them to anybody. They know everything about you. If you read the "I agree" contracts it will piss you off. Anytime someone offers you something free on the internet, they are selling information about you to marketers, politicians, investigators, anybody.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I have dropbox but have never paid for it. There was a thing a few years back where getting others on would get you additional space.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They still give you extra space for getting other people. That's why I posted this thread

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I haven't carried a flash drive for years thanks to Dropbox. I prepare docs at home and as soon as I log in at work everything is downloaded and updated. I have a second account I use to sync pictures from my phone so I can clear space when needed.