Dropbox

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Jan 3, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, it's the drives that don't hold up well. We still have workstations with SCSI ports.

2. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Not really sure how it is invasive? I work in IT, our entire company uses it, haven't had a single issue with it. It sits in the tray in your taskbar and updates itself as it needs to (just like all the other cloud storage solutions do). Not to mention, it blends into Windows perfectly. Doesn't have pop-ups, no emails (unless you checked a box during registration to receive them).
    Anyway, got off the main topic a bit... I got nothing against dropbox. And maybe it's just that I've used OneDrive so long its what I am used to using.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

what was the question.

4. tirk

yeah i take it you never had a laptop with that crap installed. just like anything else microsoft does. they force feed it, hard code it making it almost impossible to remove and i just dont take well to most of their products. and dropbox works better for my uses.

5. tirk

yeah expandable memory and functionality are really outdated concepts. quit arguing stupid points, fanboy. i can only back you when you're sorta objective. not when youre responding incoherently to people while arguing with yourself.

6. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Never had a laptop? I am a computer/network administrator, so yes, I've got laptops. Obviously, you've had some bad experience with it so I won't argue with you. We've used it on over 600 computers (laptops included); no issues, ever. Anyway, as I said, I'm not knocking dropbox at all.

7. tirk

i said with that crap installed i believe. we have/had the same job. i just hate most things microsoft.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

What is not true about my statement?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are so mean. I think I'm going to cry.

10. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

My apologies Kyle. You said dropbox has been doing this for years (referring to what I said about OneDrive). I took it as you were saying they did it before Microsoft, which isn't true. Meant no offense brother.

KyleK likes this.