Dropped balls explained

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun J, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

It's great he is taking care of this. Hope it solves the problem.

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

There is obviously risk in any medical procedure. I looked into it for some time before taking the plunge. I think your best bet is to make an informed choice when it comes to picking a Dr. Talk to folks who've had it done. I chose an LSU guy with years of experience and a really good reputation.:hihi:

The whole deal was simple, no pain, no discomfort at all. I have to go back this morning for a short post-op checkup. The doc tells me I should see daily improvement for a while. I'm a little impatient today as I want to see the final result NOW. I'll give you a progress report in a few days (assuming I can see the monitor).

3. friday

friday Founding Member

I had it done in N.O. two years ago and it changed my life. you don't realize the freedom from all the BS of wearing contacts until you get lasik. I took a valium after the surgery, slept, and woke up a few hours later seeing everything. went bowling the next night and never had any of the night vision issues (halo effect) that I had heard about. My doctor basically said this surgery is NOT for you if you are content wearing contacts or glasses. I had dry eye problems so it was a no brainer for me.

Bowe is poised for a 100 catch season now!

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Yup, not a perfect science. Good point.Does that mean it might present an issue with night games at Tiger Stadium???:dis:
    ________
    Lovely Wendie

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Dunno, the field is pretty well illuminated. I just happen to know that Lasik users suffer from night blurriness.

6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

i see fine up close it is far away that is blurry for me. I have to wear my glasses while driving and especially at night.

I didnt realize how bad it was until i went to the doctor and had them tested. When i got my glasses i could actually see far off again without it being blurry.

7. friday

friday Founding Member

this could be an issue early on. one of the side effects of lasik is the halo effect when looking at light. I'm sure this could particularly be an issue with those big stadium lights. I hope bowe gets the surgery in early summer because for most it usually goes away in time

8. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I'm 36 hours in on this deal, done yesterday morning. No complications, no discomfort. I caught 2 passes this afternoon. One, a frisbee thrown by my neighbor and the other from a lady down the street who has a crush on me and throws passes at me regularly. The second pass was easier to catch. Not sure about this halo effect thing, but my Dr. says he doesn't expect it for me. For now, it's pretty amazing. As for distance, I've been outside this evening and I can see the moon pretty well. How far is that ?

9. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

Depends on the "moon" you were looking at. Could've been the lady down the street again.....:hihi:

10. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

Cajun J, I was just wondering if she looked better or worse since he can see now.....