Dropped passes? Not on defense!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tboy, Oct 12, 2007.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Just an observation, but with there being a few post concerning our receivers holding on to the ball I thought about how the opposite has been true of our defense this year. Steltz of course has led the way with interceptions, but how big was the interception at the end of the FLA game of a deflected pass. I noticed on the game replay how difficult a catch it was because the ball was spinning wildly. I really can't remember many missed opportunities involving our DB's dropping sure interceptions this year. In fact, to the contrary, I recall a diving catch on one, I think by McCray. How many times during games, even pro games, do you see a DB drop a sure interception as they break in front of a receiver. I just wanted to commend our boys. Am I wrong on this, I don't recall a drop this year?

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

A lot of times, inability to catch a ball in the first place is what gets you on the defensive side of the ball to begin with. From what you're asking, we can't draw parallels, imo. For example, Pittman had the INT in the Florida game....would you like him lining up at WR? :)

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Of course not! He's more of a tight end, duhh :grin:

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i recall a highsmith drop but my brain can't recall when.

catching the ball on offense has just as much to do with timing and route running as it does hands. our guys are still getting things straight b/c they are young. early started practicing this week and even working the the other guys on this. that's what a leader does. hopefully we'll stop seeing the drops from mitchell and lafell as the season goes on.

1 person likes this.
  5. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Highsmith just missed what could have been a pick 6 on the first drive against Florida. The ball was just out of reach but he did get his hands on it enough to deflect it.

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Wow, does your name have to be LSU Tiger to post here? I didn't think Highsmith should have caught the one against FLA. I was just grateful he managed to deflect it. Maybe we can get at least one interception against Kentucky. They sure throw the ball around enough.