Dual Threat or Dropback?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Vick was a very good passer even at V Tech. He just never learned to stay in the pocket and not take off running every time the pocket started to break down. That's why he has been injured so much.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Did you even watch the games when JaMarcus was playing. He had pretty good accuracy as well as a strong arm.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

LaSalle has a hard on, JaMarcus was the best QB LSU in the last 20 years.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I agree with this. I don't have an issue with Vick...hence why I threw in Elway who had similar stats but always had an extremely strong running game and great defenses to balance out his shortcomings. Still, he's considered an all-time great. He went to five Super Bowls so I get it but a couple of those Bowls came in very pedestrian statistical seasons despite having very good receiving talent (Hot Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Sharpe, etc.). I don't think Elway was as great as he's made out to be...and I don't think Vick is near as bad as he's portrayed.

I also think LaSalle is reaching with his argument but I totally get what he's saying.

5. asignupe99

I'm more impressed than ever with Manning. He's compensated well for an arm that used to be a cannon but is simply a peashooter now. Dude can barely throw a 35 yard pass now.

Brees' arm got stronger as he matured and was at it's strongest during his peak years. He doesn't have a cannon but it is, or at least was, a strong arm. He's showing some drastic decline in arm strength now.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

of course he is reaching, tons of "pocket passers" who do nothing in the NFL. The duel threat is the outlier, not much to really choose from in the last 10 years, this is really a new phenomenon for the NFL in the last 4 years. with the exception of people like Young, Cunningham and Vick.

Wilson won the superbowl similarly to how Elway won his superbowls.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Elway ran for the winning TD in his first Superbowl win vs the Packers

8. LSUMASTERMIND

Elway had one of the strongest arms Ive ever seen.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think Mettenberger was and Jamarcus a close second, but I'm talking about how that translated to the pro game.

10. asignupe99

To go along with 120 yards passing and an INT. And to be fair the Packers let him walk in...basically giving up because Denver was deep with time winding down and they figured they couldn't stop them. So they let them score to get the ball back rather than chance running the clock down and not giving Favre a chance. Major pussy move by Green Bay.