Duck Dynasty controversy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by GregLSU, Dec 21, 2013.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

His name is Van but we always called him Butch. Pretty sure he's always been the bitch though. He's a hair cutting fool though. He owns a couple of salons. Got drunk 1 night and told us his lovers have pretty much robbed his ass over the years. In more ways than one. His credit is shit and he has to wear dependso_O

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Funny how "they" often have such a knack for that.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I'm just getting sick of the PC police. Christians have to edit out songs in Christmas recitals to avoid offending the non-Christian faction, the LGBT community wants tolerance but preaches hate and intolerance to those who do not agree with them, and so on. Where the fuck has this country gone when a man can not express his views openly as long as he is not preaching hate and violence towards others without pissing everyone else on the spectrum off?

Cracker Barrel has pulled all merchandise off their shelves with Phils picture on it, and A&E is in danger of losing 100s of Millions when the family decides to pull the show from their network, as they have stated a few days ago they will not continue the show without their family patriarch.

LSUTiga and gyver like this.
  4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Who gives a shit about his ridiculous interpretation of the Bible? He's no backwards or different than most every "christian". He's far more entertaining than the reality TV shit we see like Flavor of Love, Real Housewives, etc. A&E isn't going to let the TV show go. Either they let him back on the show or the most watched cable TV show goes to someone else and becomes even more popular due to this press.

gyver likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

So right. It all comes down to people/companies selling out for the dollar. I'm glad the Robertson's are standing up to the pressure and telling them to suck his dick- figuratively, of course.

Glad to know that. I'm not going to eat there again.
    I may have said this already but I've been a fan of his since the 80's when he was barely known. I was the only one I knew with a Duck Commander call. I first tried it because, then, it was the only one you could blow even if it was wet.

Some in the media want to try to paint them as backwoods, ignorant folk but they're no dummies, I promise.

gyver likes this.
  6. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

http://theduckdynastyfamily.com/phil-robertson-bio-what-you-want-to-know-about-phil-robertson/

Bachelor in Physical Education

Masters in Education

Whittled his calls out if cypress. Made $8000 his first year and managed to raise his family. Approached Walmart and they said they wouldn't buy calls off the street. He said "come on man. Colonel Sanders started with 1 chicken and that's some good chicken." Got the patent on it and has a net worth of $5mill.
    I'd love to spend a weekend duck hunting with him.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

He could have played pro ball if he had chosen that route... glad he didn't but what he has turned Duck Commander in to is obvious he's no dummy.

gyver likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Personally, can't stand em. Tired of em, sick of seeing their crap everywhere. Sick of seeing them all over everything. But I agree with alot of what Phil said, minus the religious part.

He can say whatever he wants. I mean think of this. If the guy who plays Jack from Will and Grace were to come out in an interview and on a show and say EEEEEEWWWWWWWW when talking about a vagina, and then make the same comments but in reverse, it would be totally acceptable.

There is a double standard. And it's pretty f'n stupid and this is coming from someone who doesn't like the Roberstsons, doesn't like Duck Dyansty, and is pretty liberal.

mctiger likes this.
  9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

A&E has made this a publicity stunt. They will reinstate and spectacular ratings will through the roof!

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Why would they run some kind of publicity stunt for the most popular show on Cable TV?