Duck Dynasty controversy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by GregLSU, Dec 21, 2013.

1. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

How many racially offensive comments did Phil Robertson make? I'm counting zero.

uscvball likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Try reading douchenozzle. I already said his first amendment rights were not violated. Tell me exactly where, and I mean exactly, did I say anyone couldn't criticize the man? You are welcome to. Your speech is just as important as his, mine, or anyone else's. That's what I would be willing to die for. You?

If you feel he is a fucking dumb ass, then why do you care what he said?

shane0911 likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Oh Jeebus H Feist, you are a crusty tool. He is not ignorant when his comments are the result of his own life experience. Implying that he just needs edumacation is the same as those who think you can "pray the gay away". I defend the concept that people should make their own choices and be responsible for the consequences.

Typical red herring....comparing the current law of marriage in Louisiana with discrimination against blacks.

I place value in the idea that we should love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself. That's it.

So if I have presented nothing more than drivel, why read and waste your time responding? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't slink away my little friend. I have been posting here for quite some time...go check. What I am is a USC fan posting on an LSU forum and I have a busy life. I have continued to come back over the years because of the many fine and friendly people I have posted with. I show up when I can. Rest assured that here behind the Orange Curtain, the youth of America is entrenched in the teachings of Jesus. I don't worry about "worldly" presumptions, only about what I will leave behind.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Winston, you are referencing 4-5 isolated incidents but failing to compare it to the sheer propensity that comes from the right; it's almost a daily thing on Rush Limbaugh's show alone, much less from the mouth of any of the religious idiots on your side who feel compelled to stand up and let shit pour out of their mouth. Quit making false comparisons and perpetuating the lie that the right isn't bigoted.

5. Tiger in NC

wrong answer.

robertson said in the very same interview that he remembers black folks from the fifties who were happy with field work, singing and working. go ask any black person who was around in those days and see how great things were in the deep south.

6. Tiger in NC

in post #42 you mentioned defending his rights in your debate with LaSalle. and once again, you are defending the man then your think he's a fucking dumb ass, which is it? is marrying off 15-16 year old girls okay with you or not?

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So wait, uscvball, you don't think that the 15 year old girl comment was a little masogonistic? I agree with you though, it pales in comparison with society.

Reminds me of a Bill Hicks quote "if you don't like what I said I suggest you take a look around at the world we live in and shut the fuck up.........k?....k..."

8. Tiger in NC

you've actually brought up a good point for once, it's really not worth my time. happy new year

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Get a clue and wake up NC. I gave a few instances that I remembered off the top of my head. I have lived among libs and heard their unguarded speech. I've read comments to articles and read enough blog and listened to enough left wing radio to know it is as pervasive on the left as you state it is on the right. Go to the Washington Post and pick an article about politics and read the comments. Listen to liberal call in show and hear what the callers say.
    Open your eyes and unplug your ears my friend. Mindless defense like you are doing only reduces your believability significantly.

10. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Loose the white apologist mentality for a second and tell me just how is, relating what he remembers, offensive? Granted, his exposure was isolated and more than likely sheltered, but he was there and you weren't.