Duck Hunters?

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Oct 20, 2011.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i was getting ready to say, what is it with the geese everywhere the last 4 or so years. every freaking where. this wasnt the case growing up as I saw none.

they landed in this pasture when I was leaving somewhere the other day and they came in to feed and covered the entire ground. could have killed 5 or 6 with the right shot.

i notice ducks and deer when driving all the time. now its geese.

2. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

I think it is the increased snow goose population, which is why we get the snow goose conservation season for an additional month when duck season is over. No plug in your shotgun, no limit, and you can use electronic callers. Farmers are even allowed to shoot them out of season if they are destroying their crops, as they are then classified as a nuissance. Personally I don't really care to hunt them, I stick to ducks. Snow geese taste like sh!t.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I did not know they were in the crow/blackbird classification. those are some big bastards. Id like to shoot a few.

no plug, no limit? that would be fun.

4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Well our family camp is in Pearlington, Mississippi. Grew up hunting the Louisiana side of the honey island swamp management area.

The past few years we have been hunting with paradise club.

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

The first year we ran with those guys, we did the electronic goose season real late, didn't even shoot.

Last year we went earlier and did some duck and goose hunts. We tore em up. This year doing a hunt close to lake Charles, and one with paradise. These are all guided hunts we do in a big group. I get to tag along for free!

I have a few numbers to call for leeses here this year. But will probably spend the second split in honey island.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

Nice, I have not gone on a guided hunt before but I hear it is a lot of fun for geese.

Our lease has several properties SW of Houston (Garwood, El Campo, Matagorda) and has produced fairly well the last 2 seasons. My family has a camp down around Bayou Black in LA. When the ducks are there it is easy limits, and the catfishing is a blast.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

The guided hunts were close to bay city. Before that we always did one guided hunt at the mouth of the river. Now those were a blast.

Lots of shooting and a bunch of horrible shooters made my day. I hurt myself on those hunts.

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

They should allow it all season IMO, that late in the season and down here they are to warry.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

A long time ago I was hunting in Little Chenier. Between hunts we left the camp to ride on the roads. We were pretty liquored up. Some of us were in the bed of the truck. I shot a gator 15 yards away. I know I hit it but we couldn't find it.

Well, as we get to the main road 4 wardens jump out. I ended up knowing one from Lake Charles (His name was Malcolm) but he had his boss with him. He told us later they'd spent the night in the marsh and hadn't busted anyone so his boss was pissed and looking to score.

Thankfully I didn't have the gator but they'd heard us shoot and my gun did not have a plug (I actually stuck a pencil in it that I could slide out). I told him I lived on a farm and the shot he'd heard was us shooting black birds.

How in the hell I knew of that exception back then is red azz but I escaped.

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Lol, one of those wardens was probably my uncle. Gator attacked you, claim self defense! We had to shoot a few that wouldn't leave our boat docks and swimming areas during summer over the years.

Why shoot a gator with shot? Just going to piss it off. Or did u have slug rounds in.