Duck Hunters?

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Yes we do, I am going to find a different outfit next year. How is yours run, got a website and some details?

Teal season was great, I had high hopes. Duck season so far has been a complete bust.

I can't wait till December, going to stay at the Family camp and do two weeks of marsh hunting.

2. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

Those are redheads. They are a really nice looking bird when fully mature. i have 1 on my wall at home. I didn't really shoot them until I started hunting here in TX. They pile up on the coast here. Rockport is hotspot for them, as they tend to settle into the bays during the winter. We have been fortunate to shoot several over rice fields this season.

3. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

Had a pretty nice goose hunt on Tuesday. The snows weren't working in too well, but the specs were coming in close.

Goose Hunt 11.20.12.jpg

The highlight was the last Spec we shot:

Neck Band - tigerfan.jpg

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  4. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

just sent a PM. let me know if you have any questions.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I've never killed one. Never see them. Was shocked to see how many but your post explained why.

On the banded spec, awesome. Let us know where it was tagged when you hear back from LDW.

6. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

It was actually tagged in Katy, TX.

7. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

Had an even better goose hunt on Sat. 10 hunters, 63 geese. Unreal amount of geese on our properties right now.
    11.24.12 Goose Hunt.JPG

tirk likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Wow. SO many specs! Spread looks so realistic.

I only hunted geese once (in the sense that it was the prime target). It was on a friend's property in Grand Chenier. We wore white painter suits and just layed in the spread. I see you have camo and why I wondered how you do it? Can you lay in the spread with just camo too? I'd guess you must cover your face? Nothing sticks out like a human face.

9. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Wow looks like a great hunt, our guide for the weekend said they have been having hunts like that all year. We did not have any such luck. Friday there was no wind, the geese just didn't work that much. We shot 11, 8 specks and 3 snows. Every shot was sky busting.

Saturday with some wind they worked much better, we were in the wrong field though. Had two fields next to us full up with geese, hard to pull them off those fields. We also got a banded Spec, no neck band though, just on his foot.

Sunday we went duck hunting, ducks are almost here I think. Lots of teal and pin-tail, few spoon bills, one mallard. We got 12 ducks and 1 speckle total. All singles and pairs though. A few groups of 3 and 4. We missed a few pairs and a few singles on the wing, but pretty much got what came in. We hunted a goose roust, had about 5 thousand geese on it when we arrived. The water was so low, we need rain bad.

I will PM you later today.

10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Cool, awesome pictures......I'd tell you about my thanksgiving hunt but I didn't take any pictures and Tiga would accuse me of it not happening.....I digress...