Dunbar to be new D-line coach at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Feb 8, 2005.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Funny...That exact logic is the PRECISE reason I only posted the link, and nothing else...

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You mean that by only posting the link, you figured you were not doing a self-pat?

hah! :D

4. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

If the defensive staff turns out to be Pellini, Dunbar and Peveto, big kudos to Coach Les (don't call me Leslie) Miles! But I'm waiting until I see these three guys in BR in purple and gold togs before I believe it.

Miles has put together an outstanding staff, IMO. He cobbled together a recruiting class that solidifies LSU's depth at the skill positions, and reeled in the "must-have recruit" (He who must not be named ... no, not Voldemort, Perrilloux!) This class allows him to really concentrate on recruiting linemen for next yr's class.

Miles has exhibited a lot of smarts in his short tenure as LSU head FB coach. Hopefully his on-field coaching is similar. But so did Gerry DiNardeaux. Looking to future years, Miles will need to make good hires to replace coaches who move on for various reasons. For ex., Pellini will probably be a HC candidate every yr. DiNardeaux was unable to hire good replacements when key staff members moved on, and that ultimately sunk him. Hopefully Miles can do better in that regard. But for the immediate future, things look pretty darn good. This coaching staff has a lot of potential and I think will be dynamite recruiters.

Here's to you, Coach Les Miles!:thumb:

5. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Peveto is the only one I'm not too sure about. I've heard some grumblings about him from a couple of former coaches who just don't like the guy. But he is evidentally Bo's choice so if Bo comes we live with Peveto I guess.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

8. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

No offense TigerE, but you may have known that Dunbar would be offered at that time, but he turned the job down several times. To put yourself on a pedestal for knowing the offer at the time of that post, well that's one thing - you have some contacts. To act like you knew it was a sure thing at this point in time, that's another. I really could care less if your statement was right or wrong, I'm more excited at the coach we got, I just get tired of the better-than-thou attitudes thrown around here sometimes just because people have access to information.

Don't get me wrong, you obviously have a brain as well, and are "TigerEducated", but I get tired of things thrown in peoples faces on message boards.

I do you enjoy your insight, views, and perspective, but I enjoy them the same as any LSU fan that's not in-the-know.

9. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I will be the first to admit I was wrong on this one...I didn't think Miles could scrounge up enough money to lure Dunbar away from the Bears. Eventhough it took three times, I still admit I was wrong. Mea culpa

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Great to see former Tigers come back!

:geauxtige