Dupre declares for NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 13, 2017.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

So who did you expect to stay that left? Fournette? Adams? Beckwith? Godchaux was borderline, but I think most expected him to go. Lacouture was supposed to go but didn't. Chark was a big question mark but stayed. Some guys leave for obvious personal financial reasons and eligibility issues. Also some guys see their playing time possibly diminishing.

You have to totally disregard the obvious early departures as they would leave no matter what university they attended. Dupre was less than impressive and may have seen the writing on the wall as far as future playing time. So far the number of borderline guys declaring has been minimal. Especially on offense where most haven't even met the new OC.

2. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I wish Dupre the best in the NFL!!

I think he was a bit of a disappointment, from the stand point of how highly rated he was. He has all the physical tools. He has excellent height, speed, agility, etc. His issue is inconsistent hands and getting open. I think he will kill it at the combo and a team will reach for him in the first or early second. I can't blame a kid for reaching for their dream.

I do find Godchaux a big surprise though. He looks like a third or less. He flashed a few times, but I think LaCouture was probably a bit more consistent.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. TwistedTiger

Dupre didn't show any consistency over his career what so ever. Not a great route runner, hasn't displayed great hands and hasn't shown anything near 5 star production. He would be a big time reach any earlier than the 4th round and will be drafted on potential alone.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

He balled out the last few games. Someone will see it and he will be a productive NFL WR. Not sure why people are saying is stupid. He would have to play himself into first round next year (which I don't see) to consider staying IMO.

5. TwistedTiger

Because players that have actually produced at the college level have a much higher probability to produce at the NFL level than players that have only occasionally flashed potential. Dupre was a disappointment as a college player, that rarely translates to a successful NFL career although there are acceptions of course.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea but a lot of that is due to he who must not be named. NFL knows that IMO.

It's not surprising Dupre went ham under coach O. In half a season no less.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Unless he thought shit was gonna get worse. I'm not agreeing with decision, just walk a few feet in a dumbazz's shoes.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I was hoping Dupré and Godchaux would stay. I don't think they're making the right decision. But so be it. Glad for those that stay and wish them well.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They did just watch Beckwith get hurt too btw.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

No doubt it's a tough decision. I think beckwith will still make bank compared to what he would have done.

LSUpride123 likes this.