durant to golden st

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The bay area poached the Warriors from Philadelphia

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Bogut and Barnes to the Mav's

3. shane0911

Look for OKC to try and make a Herschel Walker type trade with Westbrook

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this is a great fit with GS. He can shoot 3s from anywhere. He can rebound. He can run. He can dish.

But when you have a team as special as GS has been, it will be interesting to see just how another star player will effect chemistry. Secretly, im hoping it falls apart. When curry is out with injury during next yrs playoffs, how will they look with durant running the point.

will be interesting to see what okc does. do they cut bait with rw or rebuild altogether. Im guessing RW didnt want KD back. Is Paul George still available. Might as well start with him.

5. tirk

6. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Now GS is gonna avg 50 three point attempts a game next year.

Oh joy.

7. shane0911

The 64k question. How do they navigate this? Russ has said he wants to stay here but then again so did KD. If they can get some sort of confirmation that 0 will stay and they can build around him then you have to run with that. They already have one hell of a foundation even without KD and Paul George would be deadly on this team. Unfortunately that sort of loyalty doesn't work in todays society and that leaves the Thunder front office guessing. Keep him and lose him to FA and get nothing or try to trade him for a windfall and the "future"

8. tirk

0 will leave this year or next. This is why they added oladipo in case he did leave but I dont think they counted on kd departing. Now they are kinda fucked. Kinda sad. I think they are now the pelicans of Oklahoma from here out.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Makes me wonder about the arms race escalating. There were some discussions of this when Lebron joined up to be the big three in Miami. Going to be hard to keep up with the warriors unless you stockpile some talent.

The salary cap was holding this kind of trade from happening that often. But this year and next season the salary cap will help a lot of free agent superstars dream of the possibilities. If Golden State starts running the table, what else can you do but try to form super teams to keep up?

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I actually agree with you. In fact I may have to take a look at what the over under on wins for GS is next year, if it's something ridiculous like 70 I'll throw a couple hundies on the under.

shane0911 likes this.