Dwayne Bowe, Amp Hill & Craig Davis

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by isawemwinsec, May 16, 2003.

1. isawemwinsec

isawemwinsec Founding Member

Is anyone as anxious as I am as to which one of these wide receviers will be a "go to" guy this year. I mean with Clayton, Henderson & Green, that is as good as any in the nation but........hey, we may just really have something if one of these highly talented youngsters becomes a threat at the #4 receiver position.

It's time to pour some sugar on LSU

Geaux Tigers........

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I really like Clayton and think he'll have a great season--especially with a healthy Henderson opposite him.

My only concern (and it's not much of one) is having our 3rd and 4th receivers step up and become solid contributors. I'll admit, this concern is probably a "non-issue" but is one that I have because mainly, living way up here, I didn't get any "x's and o's" on the receiving corp. this past spring. If anyone can shed a little light on that position (from what was observed in Spring practices), it would be great.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

"The Tigers are loaded. The receivers will put up some lights out numbers if the Mauck and Randall can improve a little bit. If Brazell develops into a good football player and isn't just a track guy, there won't be a secondary in America that can stay with this corps. " That's what collegefootballnews.com has to say about our receivers. They rated them a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. I've heard Brazell is starting to become confident in his pass catching ability so that is great news. These freshman coming in are going to be a great addition to our already great group of wide outs. I'm not sure how much of a contribution they will be able to make this year, but I'm sure Saban will give them a chance. I wouldn't mind having 2 of them redshirt though. Alright guys, I'm off to take my last final, Biology. Have a good one.

4. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I more excited about our receiving corps than any other position in 2003. I've never seen this solid of a group of WRs at LSU. I am also excited about the trifecta trio coming in. I think two of them will get red-shirted and one will be able to contribute as the 4th or 5th receiver, and my guess is Amp Hill is going to be that one. He seems to be the more exciting of the three, and maybe the more developed WR. DBowe hasn't been playing football for very long so he needs to develop.

I'm also waiting for Junior Joseph to come around.

5. I'm excited about the receivers this year too but.... I was also excited about them last year b4 the season started. I think the key to the production on offense will be QB. If Mauck or somebody can get these guys the ball I think we'll be in great shape.

6. ricky

ricky Freshman

Has anyone ever heard of Junior Joseph? You will when the depth chart is announced. He is a very talented player who could challenge for the #4 spot. But I agree it doesn't matter how great they are if we don't have a quarterback who can get them the ball.

7. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I would not be surprised if Henderson beats out Clayton as the go to guy. Henderson really started to come out of his shell last year and if he keeps it up he could be awesome this year. I personally would like to see Clayton moved to safety permently and play a little WR a on 3 and 4 WR sets.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Clayton will be the "go to" guy. He's also likely to go to the NFL in the first round next spring. I think Nick will play one or two freshmen this year in order to have more experience at the position in 2004. There will be a drop-off when we lose Clayton, but having talented young players with some game experience will help keep the receiver corps effective and make LSU a contender.

...Provided that a QB with an arm develops. Otherwise LSU will be a running team with little hope of a championship.

9. Lepplady

Lepplady Freshman

Sugar Picture?

Didn't somebody hold up a sign saying "Pour some sugar" that got shown on the air during the last game?
    I'd love to see a picture of that, if anybody has it!
    Mail me :)

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

The future's soooooooo bright man .... we gotta wear ....shades