Dwight Freeney injury likely serious

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Jan 31, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well it's serious anyway you look at it.

He either A) doesn't play at all or B) isn't effective even if he does play.

They are calling it a 3rd degree sprain. Which in technical terms means it completely torn.

As Saints fan realize, this is huge. Really huge.

The one disadvantage going into the game was Bushrod protecting Brees from Freeney. We were more than likely going to have to take a RB or TE out of the pass pattern and help chip or stay in to block. That didn't help out our offense too well last week vs the Vikings. It really stymied our offense, in fact.

With Freeney seemingly out of the picture, Brees should have that comfortable pocket he so dearly craves and will allow him to have a big day Sunday.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Bet he plays but yeah, not having to double him makes life much easier. This might help open up the run just a bit more. Indy has played without him before with success and I would expect for them to develop there game plan without him, though I guess he will start.

3. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I don't trust this and at first I would send a back to help and block him low and see how he reacts but he will be drug up so im going to take the wait and see approach

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Yes, let's not get Demarcus Ware'd again!

5. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

+1

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Anybody heard how Robert M. is healing?

7. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

I had a 3rd degree ankle sprain in high school and if that's truly what he has then either he won't play or will be very ineffective. It hurts like a break and you have no power or stability in it at all. If they give him enough pain killer to stop the pain he probably won't be able to feel his foot at all. They just had an analyst on ESPN describe how this will open up the Saints playbook if they don't constantly have to use a back or tight end to help on Freeney and it was all good for us. Geaux Saints!

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Hope Freeney is 100% healthy the Monday after the Super Bowl :grin: Heard the Colts are disputing the torn ligament story.

1 person likes this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

They certainly were trying to put the cat back into the bag, but to no avail.

Freeney won't likely play and if he does, he will most likely be a liability out there for them.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

wonder how much the line is gonna move. should be a push now.