Dylan Moses

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by BayouBengal014, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Maybe the kid will be a bust. We haven't seen him play a down of college football yet.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No, the ultimate goal is conference and national championships for LSU. The NFL element is a nice selling tactic to recruits, but its not what LSU football should be about. If that were the case, Collins, Robins, Williams, etc would have come to LSU. They went to Bama because Saban flashed crystal footballs at them. Recruits are getting NFL out of us; they're getting NFL and rings out of Bama.

Brian and shane0911 like this.
  3. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

i respectfully disagree. You are thinking about it from LSU point of view. These kids ultimately want to make the big $ in the NFL. College is a stepping stone towards the ultimate goal. And a chance to get some girls.

TigerTap likes this.
  4. mctiger

You're right, but look at the last 2 sentences I wrote. That's how the recruits see it.

rockwallfan likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

In the past several years, Bama has put more players into the league than LSU. We're still ahead in the aggregate over them, but the trend is in their favor in recent years. Though I'd argue LSU puts out more superstar players.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Which is the only one that makes a damn. Sure it's nice to see a bunch of LSU players in the league but I don't become a fan of a team just because they draft so and so. Likewise coaches don't get judged or paid by how many kids get drafted, fans don't care either.

7. rockwallfan

You ain't going to get kids to come to LSU by emphasizing what they can do for you.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This would be true if all were equal and this the only selling point. It's not however. A kid doesn't get to the NFL just by picking the right school.

9. rockwallfan

It's not equal, and we aren't contending for NC. We do however have more players in the pros than those who are contending for NC. That is a selling point. No more, no less!

10. mctiger

"I play for the name on the side of my helmet, not the one on the back of my jersey." --Travis Daniels, on giving up his redshirt to play in the 2001 SECCG

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.