Earlier in the season, I came to Randall's defense...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU4Life, Nov 17, 2002.

1. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

But it's not just being a rookie quarterback that bothers me; something's just not right about his passes. Sure, he can hoof it up there and throw the long bomb, but every other pass was horrible! I could put up with a young quarterback who made bad decisions now and then as he was learning as long as the ball didn't look like it was a helium ballon being pushed around by the wind.

I hope Clausen starts from here on out, at least his passes were firing in hot. It seemed like our WR's weren't ready for the change of pace the first few passes as they zinged off their hands.

By the way, it seemed that the home crowd was still in it much longer than I thought they would be. I could still hear the band and lots of people in the game trying to make a difference.

I'm still proud and excited about this football club for now, the rest of the season, and seasons to come.

Hopefully, Clausen and Toefield will be starting next weekend; they both looked great.

Geaux Tigers!

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Excellent post! I agree...Clausen's passes were far more crisp. I think Randall's just not as good as we need for the caliber of WR that we have. Anything past, say, 15 yards from the line of scrimmage is rarely on the mark. That one that Clausen zipped to Henderson was pinpoint.

We have nothing to lose...well, maybe we do...let's let Clausen start against Ole Miss.

Nothing against Saban. He's a great coach...he's just having a rebuilding year. At least we aren't enduring what the Vols fans are.

Geaux Tigers! We love Saban! We love our Tigers!

At least, unlike Bama, we still have self-respect.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

As I watched the first half I had the feeling that we would be playing for the National Championship if only we had a competent quarterback. If Davis long run had not been called back, if the pass to Clayton, in the end zone, had been thrown a little farther, we could have had Bama dwn fourteen points in the first quarter. If Randall could complete some third down passes, our defense would not be on the field all the first half, and would still be fresh in the second. About 200 of the rushing yards given up tonight, imo, is the result of no offense. Frankly. if is a teatament to the coaching staff and the leadership of Brady James that they don't just quit.

4. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

it was just like the Auburn game the offense left the d out to to dry. But anyway, I too tried defending Randall early, but I think it's clear he is not an SEC QB...Pete will probably come calling soon. Hell who knows maybe Clausen shocks the world and plays great, I doubt it but who knows. The offense could not get any worse could it? This team could have been something special had we just had a competent QB...Gotta question Nick for not recruiting any.

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

He has recruited them. He got Ricard last year, but he's not ready yet. Ricard was highly-ranked.

So far, he has TWO top-10 QBs (depending on who's ranking them) committed for next year. This year, I think, is more of a testament to the fact that DiNardo didn't recruit one to have AFTER Nall, Davey and Booty were gone.

6. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

You are right. He brought in Mauck, Randall, Clausen, and Ricard. Mauck was starting to come around and helped win the SEC last year. The others are developing, and Ricard was a top recruit. Dinardo did not have anyone after Nall, Booty, and Davy. We should have at least have a Senior to provide some stability or leadership, but Dinardo left no one.

7. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

Do you guys think Robert Lane will get redshirted ? DandyDon said that Lane could come in and start next year.

8. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

I think he could. For anyone who says fresh,em QBs can not start. The McNeal kid was doing fine until he got hurt. So it is possible who knows. I know one thing Randall is not the answer at least not now.

9. DC-Tiger

DC-Tiger Founding Member

The problem with Lane is he may go the pro-baseball route and may not play for LSU. That is why LSU is still looking for another QB, a 3rd one for this class.

10. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

we're recruiting Jemarcus Russell too, and on some sites he's rated higher than Lane.