Early Commitments, Showboating, Etc.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by WinnfieldTiger, Jan 17, 2012.

1. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

Guys and Gals,

Not sure about you but I do not like this crap of early commitment on TV at all-star games.

First of all, it's showboating. It's about ME and not TEAM. It's drawing attention to one and not all.

Second, it's a ratings deal for TV and media. They are not only using kids but they are causing discontent among fans and even family as "seen on TV". It has become commercialized and I don't see where it is good for anyone.

Seems to me we're getting away from team, commitment, all for one and one for all. Sort of like the NBA has become?

Too much Hollywood for this old geezer.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I've said it before for several years now and it always draws little or no interest....so I'll say it again.

National signing day should be called "LAST chance to sign with anyone day". It should end the previous year's recruiting season.

The day after "Last chance to sign with anyone day" should be called "Beginning of signing season".

In other words, Any junior should be able to SIGN a letter of intent, any time during his senior season. The LOI or contract could include language that allows either the University or the athlete to void the contract in certain , special situations such as:

Coaching changes
    Injuries or bad grades

An athlete can still wait until he's sure he's making the right decision, but when he's ready....HE SIGNS...a binding contract.

This would eliminate:

commitments
    grey shirting
    sign and placing
    over signing

and would save the universities hundreds of thousands of $$$ that they currently spend flying around visiting commits to show "love" so the kids keep their word.

Why the he!! not !!!!!!!!!!