Early Doucet and Xavier Carter

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Jan 6, 2004.

1. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Dandy Don expects them to commit by the end of the week. This would be so Great. Our WRs would be one if not the best in the country.

Clayton
    Green
    Amp Hill
    Dwayne Bowe
    Craig Davis
    Early
    Xavier

Looks pretty good to me. Plus I don't think we would that bad off if Michael leaves, hopefully he wont though

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I guarantee we are getting both of these guys. They watched the Sugar Bowl and saw how CLASSY the whole LSU organization is from top to bottom. Nick Saban sells this program with just the words that come from his mouth. He is a genius and he is the classiest coach I have ever seen.

Bank it, we get these 2 guys and we will get Herman Johnson and Luke Sanders. Don't be surprised if we don't get safety Tony Bell as well.

3. Soap

Soap Founding Member

What about Marlon Favorite?

4. islstl

Yeah he's a lock as well as Jerami Holifield.

5. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Jerami Holifield???
    Havent heard his name before

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

We need to be careful about how many people we go after because we only have so many scholarships left.

The people I want to see sign is:

Early Doucet
    Marlon Favorite
    Xavier Carter
    Luke Sanders

I'll take more, but those would be my priority guys.

7. islstl

No doubt those are the top 4, but if guys like Calvin Darity, Thomas Hering, Jason Watkins or Tony Bell look like possible "gets", then I think we need to go after them as well.

I think LSU will end up with 25 recruits (19 committed + 6 more to come), plus the 2 that count from being academically ineligible from last year. That would make 27. You can figure there will probably be a coupel that are academically ineligible again, so it evens out.

So I think we get the 4 guys you list plus Holifield and Jason Watkins.

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

What happens if LSU oversigns. We are only losing like 18 guys, right? We can't sign 24-27 guys can we?

Just a question, because there are some things with recruiting I still don't understand. I don't want LSU to get in trouble by oversigning or something.

9. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

Joking

If that happens we at TigerForums start the TigerForums.com Accademic/Athletic Excellence Scholarship program. This award would be given to the indvidual who meets the standards set up by the TigerForums Scholarship Charter.

10. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

He is a Bama Commitment. He Commited to them a couple of weeks ago. Tony Bell will likely choose between Georgia and Tennessee.

LSU has so much young secondary talent that its not even funny. That is why we didn't get Simeon Castille. That is also why we won't get Tony Bell at least in my opinion. I hope I am dead wrong. We already have a commitment from one of the top safties in the nation in Steltz. We also got commitments from Curtis Franklington and will will also resign Daryl Johnson who was the 3rd ranked saftey in the nation last year.