Early Doucet arrested

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Wow, pigs?????? You some kind of hippy?

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

so only hippies call cops pigs now? even when they earn the moniker?

you can probably chalk this one up to youthful indiscretion coupled with misappropriation of power. sad thing is, his behavior most likely pails in comparison with the behavior of those who initiated the disturbance, and who most likely got off scott-free.

3. Golden Tiger

Pride-Integrity-Guts....................... :thumb:
    So I guess both of you look down on Police? :dis:

4. Contained Chaos

i never said i looked down on them, you did.

i have an immense amount of respect for what law enforcement officers put themselves through every single day. however, one of the things i despise the most is anyone that may be in a position of power abusing or misusing that power. those types, to me, are pigs.

5. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

I am assuming you were not at the incident and you have read the same stuff we have. With your "immense amount of respect for law enforcement officers" you have drawn the conclusion that the police in this case abused their power and thus deserve the "moniker" pigs?

6. Golden Tiger

My bad, "even when they earn the moniker?" sounded kind of like "all".
    The rest I agree with. For those who do think that I would suggest going to your local police force and ask to do a ride-around, would open your eyes for sure.

7. Contained Chaos

i did? where, exactly, did i do that? i made no such distinction relative to this scenario. no sir, i only assumed that there was some amount of misappropriation. if you've ever been around a scene like this, involving large crowds and alcohol, you know full well that the ones who end up getting in trouble are RARELY the source of the problem. its typical of them to make a scapegoat out of someone hanging back on the fringes, committing little harm. this sounds very much like the extent of early's involvement.

nah, that phrase was meant to specify the abusive ones.

for all of you who are still convinced that i am anti-cop, i'd like to inform you that my mayorial vote this novemeber was based on the police pay dispute.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

No matter what the outcome of this ends up being Early should receive some kind of extra duty or something of that nature just because he put himself in a position of possibly getting arrested bringing negative publicity on his university. When the police told him to leave he should have left.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

You can ask for a ride-around? I would think that would be some kind of liability.

I've ridden around with a cop before, once because my uncle is an officer and once because... well it was a rough night.

10. Golden Tiger

I guess it really depends on the office and to some extent the shift commanders, but to my knowledge most do offer it.

Had one of those bad nights myself a long time ago...... :cry: :eek: