Early leavers 2013???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 27, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'd take a chance on Loston. He is athletic enough, and he played pretty good towards the end of the season. I wouldn't pop on him until like at least the 5th though.

If I were Hilliard I wouldn't leave because he isn't going to get drafted, and he may not even be a free agent pickup. Blue, don't see him getting drafted either.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It's like there's something that doesn't click with him. Like he's lacking on instincts. Too often I've seen him get to a receiver catching a ball and watch the other guy. He tends to get caught up being a spectator rather than a participator.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He has played injured all season, and don't forget he has also had to completely modify his game. How many times did Loston pull up this year because of the rules. Now he had that one against Bama that was just out of pure frustration, but I've seen him pull up countless times.

And also.... He's be better off at strong safety, playing around the line of scrimmage and attacking instead if defending.

I'm not saying he'll make it in the NFL, but if he is taken by the right team and coached up and used situationally, I think he could be effective.

4. LSUTiga

Those are good points. I sure hope he ends up making it. One thing is for sure, he doesn't mind laying the wood. He likes that more than the finese playing for sure.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is always a crap shoot. Some reason players just seem to think they are better than what they are for whatever reason. I find zero sympathy for any of them. You go early to chase the dollar instead of being patient and making yourself better to add a few more zero's to the contract then you get what you get.

gyver likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

I hear ya but in some cases, like our receivers, staying to have "new" QB is taking a big chance too. Receivers make quarterbacks look good but it cuts both ways.

7. shane0911

No doubt, those two are in a position where they should leave. If Landry comes back it is a God send but I dont blame him for going because he is ready. The rest, meh, debatable in my book and they could all do themselves a favor by sticking around. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes or who is telling these kids what but for the most part the ones that leave early have a bad case of "i'm not near as good as I think I am" itis. Someone should fix it.

and that is across CFB not just at LSU

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I can tell you this, Loston is getting a big look by some NFL teams. As with all, best of luck to all

9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I think only Landry and OBJ should go. However I think Freak, Ego, and Collins are as good as gone as well. Landry and OBJ probably cant really improve their stock by staying another year. Freak and Collins have been big underachievers when you consider how highly touted both were coming out of HS.

10. shane0911

I cant for the life of me imagine why. I missed on Tyrann but I feel safe in saying loston will get eaten alive in the NFL. He cant follow along in college.