Early leavers 2013???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 27, 2013.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Many thought Danny McCray's days of playing football were over after LSU. Undrafted in 2010, he has locked on with the Cowboys and in 2012 finished second on the team in tackles. You never know.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I actually thought McCray was much better at LSU than most other people thought. But when he had to cover the guy in the slot he struggled. I hate the cowgirls so I really haven't watched him on D too much even though we are forced fed damn near all of their games.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Loston is a poor man's Eric Reid. Underperformed at LSU, showed many weaknesses but has the physical ability and enough pedigree to make it

4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

You think Eric Reid underperformed? I guess we have different memories. I know he certainly had a handful of bad plays last year, some of which were not all on him, but his true freshman and sophomore years he was lights out. Definitely an All-American.

ParadiseiNC and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We all get to where we almost expect perfection from the star players. I remember how disappointed I was in Corey Webster his senior year. I had to take a step back and rationalize that my expectations were overboard. Same with last year. In this day and age db's are going to get burned at times. The prolific passing offenses and the number of times they throw the ball is going to dictate that.

LSUDad and ParadiseiNC like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

As LSU fans we are going to have to come to terms with the fact that the bar wasn't set by the 2011 defense, that was way over the bar. If we start comparing and expecting our defense to be like that every year we are all going to be disappointed every year. That defense was all world, once in a lifetime type D.

mctiger, LSUDad and VampMuse like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

This year was still way under the bar, however you slice it.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They had their moments but I think they will be much improved going into 2014.

LSUDad and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Based on what we saw last week, there is definitely good reason to be excited about the 2014 team. I heard a guy say the other day that 2014 will leave us with a strong D and rebuilding O. Normally that would concern me but one thing I am sure of is that Cameron can get our offense ready to go against any one.

Also couldn't agree more with your comments about 2011 being way over the bar. I think we expect too much every year because we've been spoiled by some of the best defenses in the country. Losing 8 guys hurt worse than any of us really wanted to think. Look out next year though...

didit, LSUDad and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

upload_2013-11-30_7-53-28.png

VampMuse and lsu-i-like like this.