Early line LSU -2 vs Miss St

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Sep 6, 2015.

1. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

Unfortunately, I tend to agree...

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm not basing it on LSU, I'm basing it on what I saw with Mississippi State and what we know about LSU. I don't think we will need spectacular or even great play from the quarterback. Mississippi State last year was a fluke. There is no reason to think LSU won't field a great defense, remember no DJ Welter this go around. We have speed at linebacker and in the defensive backfield that will neutralize Prescott. I think it will be a comfortable victory.

That being said, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss, Arkansas, South Carolina, I'm not comfortable at all.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  3. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

No DJ Welter, but a new D-Coordinator. That makes me uneasy, as does playing on the road against a team with a game already under their belt.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Since there is nothing anyone can do about our first game being cancelled, we might as well not fret over it. It is what it is. Let's just look forward to actually seeing our new team.

But I'm not afraid of MSU. Last year, I don't think anyone, from the fans to the team, was taking MSU very seriously, and it bit us in the ass--just like it does every 15-20 years when MSU actually beats us. Why would we think the 'bells have it in them to beat us two years in a row?

KyleK, didit, LaSalleAve and 3 others like this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

They have a QB, that gives them a chance. LSU should beat them pretty good, but I still think we should have beat them pretty good last year too.

6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

As mentioned, LSU will be better prepared for Dak. I think the D will do a much better job of limiting their scoring opportunities. I do think they will be better than they were Saturday. I do feel LSU takes it, but I think it will be close until the fourth where LSU will ice it and pull away.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

damn its up to 4 and a hook and total is 48. im with lasalle. im thinking we outclass these boys. that missing game is giving me doubts however.

8. StaceyO

We're just going to have to get past not having the game. I still think we'll do fine on Saturday night. I expect it really.

TigerTap likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i dont know what that means. you cant just pretend you played a game. im thinking we still work the kinks out early and 7 sets the tone letting 6 relax some and find his rhythm eventually.

thing is, 6 is starting on the road with no game under his belt since the auburn debacle. which is why last week looms large. harris cant have a meltdown or jennings will be in after half.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. StaceyO

All of this is true, unfortunately, but after reading TOS for an hour, I don't want to have to worry about it anymore. Certainly, we coudl have used a game on Saturday night. But there's nothing we can do about it now but prepare for MSU without the tune-up. It sucked not having the game.