Early SEC FB Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NavyTiger, Apr 6, 2011.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Oregon while not a pushover lost a ton on the defensive side of the ball, our defense can handle them. WVU, oh no really!?! And Bama shmama, ha ha well let's just see who wins... my tigers versus your pachyderms...

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Now this, I'm not so sure about. Chavis hasn't shown us once that he can conjure up a gameplan to stop the option. I hope he DVR'd the NC game. . .

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

With 5 ranked teams in the SEC west, it's going to be tough to go undefeated. Anyone who discounts Bama this season doesn't know a lot about football.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have no problems with the other side of the coin that Tzanghi is presenting and it helps with opening up the discussions.

I feel very confident with our DBs next year and overall I think they will be better even without PP because all the young guys now have a year or more under their belt and we are deep. Nevis has Ego and Freak waiting in the wings but unproven but I see them stepping up in a big way next year alongside Brockers. If Downs can stay healthy we will be in business. I do worry about replacing Sheppard and I think is the biggest piece to the puzzle. If Baker goes down we will have a hard time IMO but Chavis is the man when it comes to getting the most out of his LBS.

TigerTailgating has a point about the schedule. Oregon does lose a lot on both sides of the ball but could be a huge confidence builder either way. WV is a big ? next year. LSU and Bama both have off weeks before we play or I thought they did. We usually play very well at their place too.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

and all the Bama/Saban "fluffers" can find their way to the tuscaloser trailer parks... Bama may not be Kentucky or Vandy, but with atleast an improved functional QB, we'll quiet down that crowd and leave with the W.

6. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

In the words of the great Samuel L Jackson, Well allow me to retort!
    Claiborne has been playing CB for a while now and has exprience and skill, he can cover #1 recievers. Also Simon could very well not only cover #2 recievers but #1s also. He smothered Julio Jones last year when PP went out with cramps. Now he should be just as good as well.
    I believe our defense won't be quite as good as last year but it won't be very far either.

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I LOVE Simon's size for a corner. I really hope that play against Julio Jones is indicative of his normal play, and we will see. I undersold Clairborne last year, so I hope that I'm doing the same again and they come up big. I love where the safeties are at, I think Reid and Loston are animals, though I haven't been a fan of Taylor since he cost us the game against 'Bama two years ago. Luckily, the only strong test for our corners that I see within the conference should be Arky(and maaaaaybe Hanks for 'Bama), and even in that case they are breaking in a new QB. I think the pass rush will help out our CBs a lot as well to take some pressure off.

8. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Of course we can't review him based on one perfomance but he did look impressive. I agree the safetys have depth and really the secondary does in general.
    I do agree with you on the Razorbacks, they have 3 great recievers and I am looking forward to see how we can match up with them.
    The pass rush should do well next year with a healthy Sam Montgomery, TM and Anthony Johnson as well as others. Looking forward to it.

9. King Joey

King Joey Founding Member

West:

1) LSU
    2) Miss. State
    3) Bama
    4) Arkansas
    5) Auburn
    6) Ole Miss

East:

1) Georgia
    2) South Carolina
    3) Florida
    4) Tennessee
    5) Kentucky
    6) Vandy

:eek:ldskule::geaux::eek:ldskule:

10. King Joey

King Joey Founding Member

"Still"? In what way were they ahead last year of the team that beat them, finished ahead of them in the West, with a better record, and a higher ranking? I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong about them being ahead of us this year, I'm just questioning how it can be characterized as "still", since they were clearly behind us last year.

:eek:ldskule::geaux::eek:ldskule: