Earthquake Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, May 18, 2006.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

The earthquake game was one of the first games I attended. I got tix in the Auburn section.
    On the last drive, an elderly man turned to me and said "Tiger Stadium is living up to it's reputation."

3. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Was in the student section that night...that moment is frozen in time. The conversions of 4th down after 4th down was just as as amazing. I believe that 4th down TD play was the same they ran on 2nd down.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Deceks,

Thanks for the post! You are a true fan of the game. I can see why AU regards it as a painful loss, cause it was.

That's still a great piece of film. Its why we like college football so much. I like it a LOT more than the pros.

There have been a lot of great games between our schools, and no doubt, there will be more to come.

I remember a blocked extra point when you guys got to do it over on a penalty on LSU, and that one hurts us still.

But they're great games. Last season in Tiger Stadium was a great game.

Looking forward to this year!

5. MEW4thTiger

MEW4thTiger Founding Member

I attended that game as well, and I must say by the time eddie fuller caught the pass to win the game, my voice was already hoarse. But I was jumping up and down like I was possesed. Don't remember how old I was, maybe 8th grade or so...maybe younger, but it did make a big impression on me. It's the third best sports game I ever attended.

6. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

Back in those days, my fraternity had awesome seats. Our dates would make party cups that we'd fill up with liquor, etc. I vividly remember the shower of drinks being thrown into the air after that play.

7. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I was a Sr in high school and our organization had a concession stand under what is now N236, I spent most of the game slingin nachos. There wasn't much traffic for concessions at that point in the game so I watched the play from the portal.

That and Lavalais' hit on Caddy in the backfield as he received a handoff in the first half of the '03 game are my two favorite plays against Auburn. I believe it was the 2nd qtr but my memory of the game was impaired by my good friend Mr. Beam. Anyone remember that play specifically?

8. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

i do believe that it was the first quarter after that Devery Henderson TD. it allowed us to go up 14-0

i wish i was alive for the earthquake game, after watching jsut the highlights, it is a moment i will never forget. warren morris' homer, the blue grass miracle, and ray wright's catch in the 00 cws are my best memories of tiger sports i think

9. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Shouldn't you be at school right now?

10. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

computer class