East Upper Deck - Tiger Stadium Question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FOREVER LSU, Apr 30, 2004.

1. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

Forgive me if this has been discussed...

Is the East Upper Deck receiving new seats or a power washing? It appears some seats are missing. Maybe I am studying too much!!! Thanks.

:lsug: :geaux: :helmet: :geaux: :lsug:

2. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Not sure about that but I noticed the same thing. I am willing to bet its some type of maintenance. I'm sure it will be fixed by the first game!

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I Emailed Herb Vincent about it this week. He is the best person in the Athletic Department about returning emails, by the way. Very friendly guy.

They are removing seats section by section and applying waterproofing to the upper deck. Apparently it wasn't done during construction and rain is leaking into some of the skyboxes.

At the prices they are paying for those suites, the occupants are very intolerant of things like a few drips, even though the rest of us are sitting in a deluge.

4. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

Thanks Red.

I was hoping in EU 32, about row 15, they were installing chair-back seats for a more comfortable view of the game...and the rain, unlike our wealthier friends below. Hopefully, one day, I can afford sky box seats at Tiger Stadium!!!

:eek:ldskule: :tigbas: :eek:ldskule:

5. LSUray

LSUray Founding Member

I think it is more that carpet and furniture mildew when it rains in the other 358 days of the year and wallpaper peals from the walls. Chances are it is hardly noticed while games are going on. TAF would rather not have the suites ruined by rain. And your right, those people do have the right to complain at the prices they pay.