easy easy biscuits.

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by snorton938, Apr 18, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

these are cream biscuits from paula's home cooking (very very easy to make):

2 cups self-rising flour, plus more for dusting
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
    In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and cream until the dough forms a ball. Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with additional flour. Fold the dough in 1/2 and knead 5 to 7 times, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands. Gently roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter coated with flour, cut dough into biscuits. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.

and since i just made a batch to go with the cola basted ham....here's what they look like:

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I just made biscuits from this recipe except that I didn't have any heavy cream so I substituted a healthy squirt of canned whipped cream and some whole milk.
    Substituted 3 tablespoons of honey for the sugar and added 1 stick of melted butter to the mix.

Fantastic with Smuckers Strawberry Preserves!!!! Very light and fluffy. Two thumbs up.

3. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

way to go....and all ya'll out there notice what bengal b did.....he didn't have all the cream (which had all the fat which is needed for biscuits and pie crusts) so he added fat in the form of butter.....excellent.