Eating contest...

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by shaqazoolu, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

I just tried to down 3 beef burritos from Taco Bell... Couldn't make past 2 1/4 before I got the yurks.

Anyone got an boiled egg records? I ate 6 once, I know that's a small amount, but considering the fact that I hate hard boiled eggs, I think I did fairly well and had "ammo" the next day at work for the guy who beat me.

EDIT - I'm a freakin' moron... I originally spelled "tried" "tryed" I'm stupid...

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

No wonder Louisiana is often called the most unhealthy state. ;)

Yes I realize I am a mere mortal.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I've eaten 16 pounds of crawfish in one sitting before, 28 pieces of CiCi's pizza. I'm trying to think of some of my other feats. Oh FYI, I weigh 130 lbs. My brother and I have the highest metabolism known to man!!!

4. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

i remember another one. i was in chicago on a trip and the guy i was meeting with took me to a place that had "the burrito that's as big as your head". i ate a whole one. he also liked going to a place that had the 2 lb burrito because you could sit it on its end like a glass. ate one of those too but on a different day.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

You guys are amazing. I could not even fathom that Wendy's cycle, maybe if I was given 24 hours but no way in hell for one sitting. I love to eat and frequently finish off my plate when I shouldn't, but my records don't compare when the ones mentioned.

The most crawfish I've had were in the 10 lb range and I'm always going after the potatotes and corn when I can, and excess amounts of beer. There are two LSU crawfish boils in Houston coming up that are getting me pumped right now.

Eating really fast was fun as a kid but lost it's luster a long time ago. I like to enjoy each bite and take turns sampling all of the dishes on my plate.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I love to eat massive amounts of crawfish very fast while washing them down with beer but for other foods I would rather eat slowly and enjoy each bite while savoring the flavor if its something really good. For fast food I'll go ahead and gobble it down because if I eat fast food it is only because I'm hungry and not for the enjoyment of the food.

7. mylife

mylife Freshman

Izzo's rocks. You must have called the wrong place because the burrito I always get is only $6. They have the best salsa :geaux:

8. mylife

mylife Freshman

How were you able to eat this much. The most I have ever had was 11 slices and I had heart burn for days............

9. mylife

mylife Freshman

YES, we love to eat in LA. They don't call us the unhealthy state for nothin'

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's been a long time since I was 19, but when I was young I could put away some food when I was hungry. While visiting a friend in Memphis, we got the munchies and went to the local White Castle burger emporium. If you don't know White Castle burgers, they are small, about the size of bisquits and also cheap, you can buy them by the dozen. The locals call them "sliders".

We each bought a bag of 12. Randy ate 10, I ate 11. We just couldn't do the dozen.

I doubt if I could do 5 today.