eATMe board...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DRC, Jun 1, 2006.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I doubt that the "second Cotton Bowl game" would involve the same two schools year in, year out. I'd imagine it would be a regular rotation involving area Div I schools (emphasis on SEC and Big XII)--LSU, Ark, Okie St, Tx A&M, Tx Tech, TCU possibly---that play on the weekend before or after the OU-UT match.

This, I believe, is a far more "do-able" arrangement---LSU facing a Big XII opponent in Dallas, say, once every 3 years at the most would be cool.

A great opportunity to carve more deeply into the North Texas/Ark/Okla recruiting territory, I say. Plus, the networks love cool inter-conference games, so I'd think it would be nationally televised every time.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Yep, here's the quote, bottom of the page:
    http://www.aggieathletics.com/press/print.php?FID=10

Too late, pu**y--LSU will continue to take 4 and 5 stars from right under your noses. From Harvey Williams through Joe Addai and beyond---hell, what about Jarret Lee? Brenham is freaking right down the road from College Station---A&M is just the third best option, at the very least, for stud talent in SE Texas.

A&M: Officially LSU's Bitch Since the Dawn of Time :helmet:

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I for one would be all for an A&M game. We need a major conference team to bring people into Tiger Stadium. It would be a better sell than ULL and you know the green tinted glasses Skip wears would be just that much greener.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No, this aggie failed to think through his position. Losing to us every year will not help their recruiting. Who cares about "presence," when that presence is of a failure? Even if the Aggies win a game or 2 against us, one game doesn't do much for a recruit when deciding between two schools. The overall shape of the program is what is important, and LSU has the upper hand by a long shot.

The reason A&M has recruited poorly in Louisiana is because they are a poor team with a poor coach, combined with the fact that they are recruiting against us - one of the best programs in the country. Nothing to do with the fact that we no longer play them in a series.

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

man.. i hope that was sarcasm...

6. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Yeah, but gimme a break. Saying LSU is raiding Texas for talent is like saying my head is raiding my wang for blood. I mean, Texas is a freaking huge state. If we were raiding Rhode Island, that'd be a whole hell of a lotta difference.

7. Choppie29

Choppie29 Freshman

Stranger things have happened. If they don't show up for that game, they will lose.

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

It's still considered a raid. We are raiding their state.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I wouldn't be so sure as to say it has nothing to do with the fact that we no longer play them in a series, I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Out of site out of mind.