Economy grows 5.7%

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by gumborue, Jan 29, 2010.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

2. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Credit spending = grows Ugh

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

If you subtract Christmas spending and the stimulus money...what else has grown?

Is this an indication of an upward trend or just a quick infusion?

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

man you just hate good news huh, under this administration.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

it is seasonally adjusted.

from the #s below it is clearly not all directly stimulus spending. i think this is how you would have expected the tarp and arra to work.

some do think a double-dip is coming. i believe because there is still tons of toxic mortgage debt out there.

"Consumer spending, on the other hand, contributed 1.44 percentage points. Spending is the largest component of GDP,...

"The bankers said inflation is likely to be subdued. Friday's GDP report showed the core inflation rate -- which strips out volatile food and energy prices and is closely watched by central bankers -- rose 1.4% in the fourth quarter, after rising 1.2% in the third quarter. Fed officials define their statutory goal of price stability as inflation of 1.5% to 2%.

Another component of GDP, housing, rose a second straight quarter. Residential fixed investment increased by 5.7% October through December. It surged 18.9% in the third quarter; builders were breaking ground as a government tax credit spurred buying of new houses.

Federal government spending in the fourth quarter increased 0.1%, after rising 8.0% in the third quarter. State and local government outlays fell 0.3%, the fourth drop in five quarters.

International trade gave a mild push to GDP. U.S. exports surged 18.1%, while imports increased 10.5%.

Business spending also boosted GDP. It rose by 2.9% in the fourth quarter, after falling 5.9% in the third quarter."

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Oh yeah, well.................. Uh....... Obama didn't wear a flag pin and he is from Kenya, and he is coming for our white women!!!! BOOM!!!! Take that!!! :hihi:

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Don't put words in my mouth m/m. I would love to see the economy do well but have very little faith that this administration has any clue how to stimulate the overall economy. They've proven quite well they can put money in the hands of people who support them but where is unemployment now?

Obama hinted at his "Redistribution of Wealth" beliefs during the election. His party was quick to sweep that under the rug but you can see from his comments and actions, he still wants this agenda. The problem is it won't work.

I'm not looking to slam him on this news. I'm just asking to look at it realistically.

So far this administration has had a habit of claiming every positive as a result of their policies and every negative as a result of the past administration. That's simply BS!

Obama nows blames Washington but doesn't seem to realize HE IS WASHINGTON and has been for the past 12 months. :thumb:

BTW...what the hell happened to the Pistons? Did they miss their stimulus check or bailout? :hihi:

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I want to see a poll. How many people are financially better off today than they were five years ago. You can't vote if you were in school.

I'm being honest. Of all the people I know, I can't think of anyone. **** them all...going all the way back to Carter. They're all to blame for the mess our country is in. FDR should be dug up and burned.