Ed Ingram - We didn't know what to do or who to block; we were tired and out of shape

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Sep 9, 2021.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

How can this happen at a top tier school like LSU? This is beyond dumpter fire bad.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

The tired and out of shape part I especially don't get. Did Tommy Moffit forget strength and conditioning all of a sudden?

mctiger likes this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

let's party like it's 2019......

furduknfish, LSU_4_LIFE and shane0911 like this.
  5. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

This is disheartening. Interestingly, it’s either tone-deafness, revenge, or just pure honesty, but he just threw the entire coaching staff under the bus.

LSU_4_LIFE and tzanghi like this.
  6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Not necessarily disagreeing, but, UCLA ran a similar defense to Clemson’s 2019 NC game defense. Crowd the line with 3 down and blitz from all over the place and hope the Qb can’t make a decision quickly enough. It even worked against Burrow a bit in that game. It’s tough to tell who to block when you have no idea who’s coming presnap. BUT, not a full excuse. They need to be able to pick up blitzes; it’s part of the game. And Peetz was a bit late in adjusting to the scheme.

7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

8. msully

msully Founding Member

About what to do or who too block. How long has he been playing football ? Not being in shape that is his fault !!

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I think Ed hired young kids that are not ready to be on their own. There will be some growing pains and learning on the fly. The players who came to LSU to win now are not happy with the way things are being handled because of past experiences with coaches and seeing the ineptitude that exists in the current situation. They are not confident that these young guys know what they are doing. They probably think they know better than the person giving the directions. This breeds player attitudes which are not what you would want to see as a head coach and I am starting to wonder if Ed is overwhelmed with the situation.

I also have a feeling that Moffitt isn't dealing with Saban type of players either. I don't think he is to blame. Unless more comes out.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  10. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

I had to back up the tape to make sure I heard him correctly. Unbelievable.

kluke and MobileBengal like this.