Ed O in first two seasons up to now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by six pack dan, Sep 23, 2018.

1. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Coach O is moving LSU towards a national title.

Coach O vs. Nick Saban(at LSU not current N. Saban)

1st Season both 9-4, Ed lost to Troy. Saban lost to UAB
    2nd Season Ed starts 4-0, Saban 2-2.

LSU is gonna be great under Coach O, relax.

islstl, tzanghi, Frogleg and 3 others like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I wish I could buy into that, but I can't.

I don't think we will ever win a championship with this head coach. Just not in the cards.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. six pack dan

You are welcome to your opinion. I guess we will see.

Frogleg, LSU_4_LIFE and islstl like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man, I would absolutely love, love to sit here and have people point fingers at me and call me an idiot because I was so fucking wrong, and to be honest, I have been so far. And I stress so, and let me tell you. I love it. This is one of those instances where me being wrong will make me so happy. I wanna be wrong as fuck and I hope Coach O proves it and calls me personally to tell me to go take a swim in the bayou coullion.

And while what we have seen in the 2 important games has been fantastic, the measuring stick in this league is Alabama. I’m not adding Georgia because they are pretty much like us, UF, and Auburn. That 2nd tier. Alabama is the only 1st tier team.

Ill give him credit where credit is due, he has already done 50% better this season than I thought he would and against Miami and Auburn this team looked hungry. Still gonna give tonight and SELU game a pass because I just don’t feel like LSU ever plays to beat the fuck out teams like that especially from the state. Burrow looked a lot better save the fumble, but he was far more accurate tonight. One more thing though, this offense line is NOTHING without Saddiq Charles.

5. six pack dan

Love that post brother. I think the offensive line will gel fine, I love Charles, but we could still do it.

LSU is Bama's first real test of the season too. The secondary of Bama is beatable as well. We will see. It will be a fantastic game.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Good post but sadly there are fans here who will never by into O even if he beats Bama. The facts you posted above won't make a bit of difference to them. It's amazing these guys know so little about the basics of football. If they were Olahoma, Va Tech or Miss St fans they would be calling for the heads of the coaches already. The fans are my biggest disapointment so far this season Oeaux has been what I expected which gives me great pleasure. Hard to believe there are fans here who are always disapointed despite our 4-0 record.

You are a savy knowledgable football fan dont let the negative no nothing fans affect your views keep up the good work.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Rouxleaux and six pack dan like this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the inability to challenge/discipline yourself is missing from this team and it starts at the top

the great teams are playing themselves, regardless of the opponent....LSU? not so much

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. six pack dan

Thank you Kiki. :)

9. six pack dan

What?
    You seriously think this group is undisciplined?
    When Tech got within 3, LSU showed discipline by immediately putting up a TD, getting the ball right back and sealing it with another TD.
    Was it LSU's best effort?
    No, yet they won by 3 scores.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You are welcome buddy I think this will be a lonely place for us this season. Suits me fine. Some here think no one exists on the other side of the ball. That the other team has no talent has horrible coaches and we should shutout everyone 60-0. Tell the fans coaches and players that at Oklahoma today after having to go into overtime to beat Army. These same fans here would be calling for the scalp of OK head coach today. Same thing at Va Tech who got beat by Old Dominion. You see those fan think they are perfect therefore they think we should be perfect. Ironically we have a perfect record.

Geaux Oeaux Geaux Tigers

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    six pack dan likes this.