Ed O in first two seasons up to now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by six pack dan, Sep 23, 2018.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

He is to O what Tap is to Miles.

shane0911, furduknfish and GregLSU like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Let's put them in the same managed care facility. Should spice up the adrenaline in the day room.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Who here has really bashed him? Maybe he wasn't their first choice to take over for Miles and that's ok. Maybe he hasn't shown them what they need to see to make them think he's going to be successful over the long haul. And guess what? That's ok too. Time will prove them wrong or right. But I don't recall many outright 'bashing' him. Most of us hope for the best and I'm truly happy that we've won both big games that we've played this year. But I don't think this year's team is a championship caliber team. We don't even really have an offensive identity yet. Maybe that will come at some point. Maybe it won't. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Only one

cul2969, Brian and GregLSU like this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Until the past few weeks, I would say most posters on here had more negative comments and questions about Oeaux, than positive. That’s why a few of us have tried to be more proactive in vocalizing positive support. Meaux admittedly has done it to a fault, to the point that it has become off-putting for many. However, the flip is that for those of us who constantly read the negatives, what Oeaux has or hasn’t done, how we F’d up hiring him, the inevitable spiral we’ll be in, etc, it was getting to where someone needed to step up and share some support. @LSUpride123 has probably done the best job of that, and has tried to be balanced with it. Someone recently, @cul2969 , I think, said it’s almost become unbearable to come on the forum and speak critically of Oeaux. I would say the flip was the case in the off-season. Winning, being 4-0, has calmed some of that to the point that the positive is now off putting, LOL. Now, we aren’t winning impressive enough, LOL??!!

It’s noteworthy that a few have come around and are willing to look past their suspicions, and perhaps even dislike, of Oeaux are are vocalizing support- that’s great to see and read - but several are notably just absent. I can think of several that just aren’t commenting as Oeaux is successful. Betcha they’ll be here in a NY minute if we lose saying how this was an F up and I told you so.

Edit: you originally asked who bashed him, and I purposely kept it vague. Don’t think it’s productive to call people out by name. I think it’s known.

Brian, six pack dan, didit and 2 others like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

College football is all about the “it factor”

And Coach O doesn’t have the “it factor”. The hire didn’t have it, the loss to Troy confirmed it.

Now in a season most “experts” projected 5-7 or 6-6 he has the Tigers 4-0 with two top 10 wins and the majority of the sports world still agrees, LSU and Coach O are pretenders because they don’t have the “it factor”. They’re all waiting to say “I told you so”

Don’t shoot the messenger. I’m just a guy who listens to a lot of satellite sports radio and follows college football religiously as a hobby.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

See, I disagree with that. I think he can definitely be viewed as having the it factor. It’s just not obvious to all, and people get paid to talk crap on national shows.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

Personally I think it’s all BS at the end of the day. A win is a win is a win. But the guy who drools over Oklahoma running up the score against 3 shitty teams putting them in his 1st CFP and their QB as a Heisman front runner is the same guy who says, LSU didn’t beat Auburn. Auburn beat Auburn. If those 2 teams played 10 more times Auburn would win 9

Talking heads.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

He most definitely “can” but what I’m saying is he came in behind the 8 ball in that regard and has been fighting an uphill battle. We live in a world where the media doesn’t report the sports news, they put their stench all over it first.

Again these are not my personal opinions, this is my opinion of what I listen to every day. Doesn’t mean it sways my view. I try to remain objective. And being objective tells me there are maybe 3 teams in college football who can win it all. Unfortunately I haven’t seen enough yet to believe LSU is one of them. But as the saying goes “we comin”

10. ParadiseiNC

Yeah, I understand you. You have tried to remain objective, have done a good job of balancing criticism and support. I agree with everything in your post here, including the last statement.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.