Egyptian Air Liner crashes, terrorism suspected

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Apr 18, 2016.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I figured out how to make a thread, I just took one of my threads in this forum that had little if any response and changed the title.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Genius

Now we will get bombarded with requests to change thread titles

islstl likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

People can do it themselves as long as they are the one who started the thread. Only a mod can change somebody else's thread title Where the hell is @BRETT This needs to be fixed. @TerryP could fix it if he had admin access

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We may as well put Terry in charge. This Shane fella is worthless.

islstl, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I wonder if was mooslems

islstl likes this.
  7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Greek defense sources report that between 3:27 and 3:29 MS804 made a 90° turn left and dropped from 37,000 feet to 15,000 feet before turning 60° right and vanishing at 10,000 feet 10 miles inside Egyptian air space. That sounds less like a terrorist attack and more like the aircraft stalled, the pilot(s) didn't react properly and followed by structural failure. The crew spoke with Greek ATC up to the point when Athens CC was handing them off to Cairo ATC when they received no response. About 10 minutes later the radar picked up the erratic movement.

There was no real weather reported for the area outside of the jetstream forecast that gave them a nice tailwind. In other words, near perfect. It's very strange that they lost the transponder before dropping off radar. Possibly troubleshooting an issue followed by a pressurization problem, followed by loss of consciousness?

Also, a bomb doesn't make much sense. The aircraft was running late and should have been on the ground when this incident happened. This means "they" would have blown it up when it was at the gate. It had been cruising at FL370 for some time, too so attaching an altimeter-type device wouldn't have worked after cruising at that flight level for a period of time. The security in Paris is much, much tighter than US airports, so sneaking something into the aircraft is unlikely. We really won't know anything until the FDR and CVR are found.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Outside of a bomb that was self detonated I agree with your thought.
    Other causes are possible but I find it hard to consider a stall as it was flying straight and level and I don't see how it could stall at 500+ knots. Without a very high angle of attack (which would have caused it to climb radically) it's not in any stall envelope. I guess they could have slowed down enough to stall but any stall at that point would have to be a deliberate act.
    It could have been structural failure of some sort. Loss of wing or part of one, engagement of full flaps on one side, loss of a stabilizer or possibly physical loss of an engine could be considered. The pilot was experienced with over 6,000 hrs time. Perhaps they lost cabin pressure and the turns were in response for some reason.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

One good point is that they should be able to find the flight recorders and that will answer the what if not the why.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Why can't a staff member just fix the problem?