Election Day 11/13/18

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Nov 5, 2018.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Go Pubs!

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

The surprisingly competitive campaign for governor between incumbent Democrat Kate Brown and Republican state Rep. Knute Buehler is by far the highest-profile race in Oregon's fall election,

Buehler’s uphill battle to claim the governorship in a heavily Democratic state hinges on his ability to persuade a substantial share of Democrats and of Democratic-leaning unaffiliated voters to vote for him,

“Buehler has made it a specific part of his campaign to say to Democrats that ‘I’m moderate. You can come vote for me.’ And he has to do that because, in Oregon, there are a lot more Democrats.”

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping this would yield. I like to mark some highly contested races and see how they end up but haven't really followed this round. Let us know how it turns out.

Obviously, who ends up controlling what is the big apple.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

:cool: take it to the bank,..Kate Brown, will cruise to a big Win,..

Oregon isn’t considered a battleground in the race for control of the U.S. House and Senate. Oregon’s five contested races for Congress are expected to yield easy wins for the four Democrats in the House delegation and a victory for the lone Republican.

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I'm not a fan of these 'Get out the Vote' drives, or "Vote", "Just Vote". It's essentially driving naive, civically inept, impressionable young adults to vote for collectivist ideologies. There's something to be said for wisdom weighing heavy at the ballot box.

At least study the issues and the platforms of those you may vote for first, and then vote.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I was crushed that my district’s GOP congressman was running unopposed. I wanted to vote against him.

I believe it should be difficult to vote. I’d take informed, high IQ voters to determine our future a million times more than carting a bunch of idiots to the polls, handing them a sheet of paper, and telling them to vote for the people listed. And, I’d be (am) real suspicious of those opposed to raising the voting bar significantly.

Frogleg likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

". MSNBC on Monday inadvertently aired what looked like live results of the heated gubernatorial election in Florida ― a day before the actual voting.

No, the cable news channel didn’t claim to see the future. It just screwed up.

“Quick clarification here,” “All In” host Chris Hayes said, per Deadline. “Just want to say, earlier this hour, uh, we showed a graphic of the Florida gubernatorial race. May have caught your eye because our system had inadvertently populated some test numbers. Obviously, we do not yet have any vote totals here, the night before the election. That was a misfire. Don’t worry. I was pretty confused when I saw it up there, to see it there myself.”

The fictional tally, with 99 percent of the votes counted, left Democrat Andrew Gillum leading Republican Ron DeSantis by 0.6 percentage points."
    [​IMG]

Inadvertent my ass.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

In Missouri, St Charles county I voted just before work today around the same time as I always vote.

For the same time frame, the lines were longer than even the last Presidential election.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Call me apathetic if you want but in my district the only office of significance is the congressional seat. Republican Gilbert Graves is going to win easily over dome little known Demos. The only other races are for judges and I had nevet heard of any of the candidates.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Pretty big voting day in CA. The usual 1,000 props to increase taxes, 1 to repeal a tax, and most importantly 14 judges to give a yea or nay to.

HalloweenRun likes this.