Election Day 11/13/18

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are only 2 amendments that I have any interest in. On is that its on the ballot for each parish to legalize fantasy sports within its territory. I only play fantasy football with friends and don't care about using FanDuel or Draft Kings even though I think that anybody who wants to should have the right.

The other is an amendment to require a unanimous jury vote for a conviction in felony cases. Presently it is 10-2 except in capital cases. I'm not sure how I feel about changing it.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Voted to keep it. Majority only.

LSUTiga, uscvball and Bengal B like this.
  3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Lines were long for early voting here in TX. Planning to watch results tonite to see what happens. Hope its another 2016 surprise for the Dems.
    #redwave

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Keep it, otherwise don't ever expect a felony conviction as long as you have one on the jury with a perception of white privilege, anti-cop, etc. You can be dam sure they will not give a fuck what the facts and evidence say.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Bengal B and uscvball like this.
  5. LSUTiga

I think at least pulling the lever, blindly, for a Republican is better than not pulling anything 99% of the time.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

That is very funny!

I did my first masters thesis on Cali’s Prop 13 (1978 property tax reduction). I won an award for that one.

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

These are the propositions on the Oregon ballot,.. I'll vote yes on 103, 105, 106,.. I haven't studied the other two yet,.. but I think they're just technicalities.

LRCA Measure 102 Housing Removes restriction that affordable housing projects funded by city and county bonds must be government owned
    CICA Measure 103 Taxes Bans taxes on groceries
    CICA Measure 104 Budget Defines raising revenue for the three-fifths vote requirement for bills raising revenue
    CISS Measure 105 Immigration Repeals law forbidding state resources from being used to apprehend persons violating federal immigration laws
    CICA Measure 106 Abortion Prohibits public funds from being spent on abortions

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  8. LSUTiga

We bout to start getting some results.

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Prop 13 is the Holy Grail out here. Dems have tried a dozen end-arounds and repeals over the years but thankfully, none yet successful. Scary too because we tend to build far more apartments than homes.

HalloweenRun likes this.