Eli Ricks to transfer portal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Nov 22, 2021.

1. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Eli entering portal…yawn. However, objectively, Johnson’s decision was stupid. Even if he didn’t like LSU, he ruined any future prospect he had. He must have regret. No guarantee, but he would likely have been starting at LSU. He bet wrong, or he was advised wrong, or both.

mancha likes this.
  2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Ricks represents exactly what is wrong with this younger generation - they want everything given to them! O allowed too many of the players to police themselves and develop at their own pace. IMO, Ricks has all the physical attributes to be a great corner, but he has the work ethic of a dead raccoon. Unfortunately, Ricks will get drafted, but he won't be there long because players with a lot less talent will simply outwork him and Ricks will become just another food stamp recipient that we will have to support the rest of his life!

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

This strikes me as a racist stereotype.

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

None intended. I don't care if you're white, black, brown, purple, rainbow, etc... The reality is when you have no skills to fall back on, 99% of the time you have to turn to the system for support. I was not stereotyping anyone, but just stating facts. According to a recent article in Forbes, statistics show 80% percent of all NFL players are bankrupt within 3 years of leaving the league. The reality is a large majority of college athletes playing basketball and football read at a middle school or lower level and were simply allowed into college for their athletic skills, period.

TCUTiger likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I still remember a very long ago interview with Herschel Walker at the zenith of his football career. He was asked, "if you were not such a football star, what would you be doing?" Walker replied, "l’d probably be home pumping gas.”

That’s just how it is.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Definitely the best path out of the hood for many young black men. That, and the military.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Not me. Facts are not racist.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The fact is that terms like "food stamp recipient", "welfare queen", etc., have historically been used to disparage black people. Eli Ricks happens to be black and the original comment was that he's just going to become another food stamp recipient.

White racist assholes need to rise above that kind of bullshit rhetoric.

9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

First, I'm not a racist and I have many friends from all walks of life - black, white, Hispanic, Asian, etc... Secondly, I'm not white, either! So before you start calling me a white racist asshole, know what you're talking about first, jackass! Sounds like to me you need to check yourself before you start running your mouth and putting people down because you assumed you knew what you were talking about! Know your facts first or keep your mouth shut!

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

So you are Italian then?

Hou-duco likes this.