Eli to Chargers, Archie says No

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Apr 22, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

2. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Eli's an adult. Archie should butt out.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

When you actually make an effort to wish the Mannings the best they are quick to remind you how much you should dislike them - this is typical Manning behavior and no football fan should be surprised...

4. BB

BB Founding Member

But Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddd, I don't wanna go to the Chargers - God, it's not fair. Why can't you just call them? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddd, it's not fair, John Elway did it...

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

This whole thing reminds me of the "Kush" scenes in "Jerry Maguire"...the overbearing Dad that keeps saying "He's GAWT to go Number One". Hell, Archie even looks a little like Beau Bridges.

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

There is nothing wrong with Archie giving some advice. He was a great quarterback stuck on a dismal team for years and obviously doesn't want Eli to be put in the same position. It's not like the Chargers will listen, anyways. If they need Eli, they'll draft him. Plus, I don't understand why there is so much animosity towards the family. Three great quarterbacks, none of whom have your typical athlete egos, and who genuinely love the game. I don't see anything wrong with the Mannings.

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Well, if the Chargers want to trade thier pick, these comments just made that pick worth alot less.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

He doesn't want to get stuck with a team that can't compete and where he will have little chance of being a winner - THIS IS COMING FROM A KID WHO PLAYED AT OLE MISS...

9. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Good point :grin:

10. Rocky

Rocky Freshman

Archie & Eli

I couldn't agree with you more. If I had a talented son, and I had gone through what Archie Manning did in playing most of career running for his life and being beaten to a pulp as the Saints' quarterback, I certainly wouldn't want to see the same thing happen to my son. San Diego's offensive line would probably get Eli killed.
    Finally, the Mannings are all a class family. I have never heard any of them disparage LSU. Just because Eli and Peyton didn't play for LSU gives no one the right to rag these people.