Eli to Chargers, Archie says No

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Apr 22, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

I wish they would have played at LSU, but I have no problem with them for making the decision to play somewhere else - it has nothing to do with that. Give me a break. It's the NFL and the NFL Draft - it's business now. Archie played on a dismal team, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. Last I checked, that dismal team paid him well, that fanbase loved him, New Orleans embraced him, he was able to become wealthy, he became a hall of famer, was able to send his children to the best schools, the best camps and prepare two of them for brilliant college careers and promising pro careers as well. Seems like a fair payoff for playing for a dismal team - again, give it a rest. What would you think if Roy Williams' mother was calling around the NFL asking teams not to draft her baby boy because they throw accross the middle too much and they don't win very often?

IT'S THE NFL - you get to be a millionaire and a celebrity for playing football. There is no daddy in the NFL. I don't remember seeing any tears being shed for Drew Breese.

2. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Exactly BB. I don't hate the Mannnings, I hate kids that pull this kind of crap (ie Steve Francis).

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I think the entire group of potential draftees should band together, form a union, and refuse to play for ANY loser teams...

...that'll teach the pros a lesson for wanting to make them multi-millionaires...

...without the right of choosing where THEY want to go...

...I mean, didn't John "Hall of Fame Crybaby" Elway set the precedent on this years ago????

...so what if the Chargers, Saints, Cardinals, etc. go away?????

I mean, in today's professional sports world, isn't the individual more important than the team, anyway?

Let natural selection help us get rid of ALL loser teams FOREVER!!!!!!

PS With this we'll also eliminate all bandwagon fans as well!!!!
    WHAT A BONUS!!!!!! :D

4. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

What's the story with Elway? I read something mentioning that situation earlier today, but I've never heard the story. I guess I'm too young?

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Elway was drafted by the Browns (correct me if I'm wrong) and he said he would rather play baseball than play for the Browns - so, they traded him in order to get some value out of their pick.

6. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

7. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I love the Mannings but wow....what a screw-up

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I've had the chance to hang out with Archie and he is a great, great guy and I like him a lot...but wow is right...this isn't good.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Very good point!!!!!!! Just take the money and shut up. I'm just suprised that no ole myth flamers have come here to say that Eli fell on his a$$ because he didn't want to win anything that would make him the #1 pick and that if the Giants had the #1 pick ole siss would have kicked our a$$. If Eli is as good as the ole myth flamers say then he should have no trouble bringing the chargers from worst to first. How about the Colts when they drafted Payton? Were they Super Bowl contenders when they had the first pick? :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Hate to be the one to break the bad news to you but the $aint$ went away a long time ago!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D