Eli's Pose

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Apr 22, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I really don't have anything agianst Eli Manning except that he went to Ole Miss. But this photo, which you have all seen before, will go down (pardon the pun) as a classic. I wish they could show Chad Lavalais chuckling while he is laying on the offense guard that he rolled over like a sleeping cow. Me and three other LSU fans were in the Ole Miss season ticket section donning purple and gold. The crowd literally went silent for this play and obviously the four of us went crazy, lets just say that the Ole Miss fans were not too happy with us at that point. Man that was a very stressful game to sit and watch but it was so much fun after we won ! Thanks again Tigers for a great season !

2. HatcherTiger

Darn, I can't get the image to upload, the one posted above will haved to do, sorry.

3. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

What kind of trouble are you having?

4. HatcherTiger

Someone e-mailed it to me and I saved it on my hard drive. I thinks its a formatting problem. When I click on it, I get a message which says that my computer basically doesn't have a progam associated with it to open it. I need to figure out how to open it because it is a really good shot of the end of the play. If you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks.

5. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

My favorite memory of the Old Piss game --

Uncle Gus and I were sitting in the endzone RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the Old Piss contingent. We were on the second row.

When Old Piss was pinned deep in its endzone, UG and I would start screaming, "THEY'RE COMING TO GET YOU ELI!!! WATCH OUT FOR MR. LAVALAIS -- HE'S COMING TO GET YOU ELI!!!"

The Old Piss fans were looking at us like we were nuts. The LSU fans were one section over, but there's no way they could have gotten to us in time had the Old Piss fans decided to "take us out"!!!

Here's the view from our seats -- I GUARANTEE YOU he could hear us when he was in the huddle in the endzone --

[​IMG]

"HEY ELI - THE GUY IN THE STANDS IS RIGHT -- I'M COMING TO GET YA'!!!!"
    [​IMG]

6. HatcherTiger

Hotty Totty

Is any cheer with the words "flim flam" in it worth saying ? What is "flim flam" anyway ? The Ole Miss fans in the Grove were relatively nice to us, however, they did not appreciate it when we "spoofed" the Hotty Totty cheer with an Ole Miss version of the Hokie Pokie ! Further we were walking around the Grove cheering L - S - U. Each time this would be met with about 50 or so Ole Miss fans yelling "Sucks." What we starting doing is saying LSU twice adn on the third time we would yell "Ole Miss" The fans thinking we were going to yell LSU would respond with sucks. May not sound like much now but it was very funny at the time especially with a few beers floating around our systems !

By the way, great photos. I was sitting on the side to the right of you which is not depicted in your photographs.

7. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

great picture, HatcherTiger

8. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

'flim-flam' sounds like something you cough up, when ya got a bad cold. ole piss sucks!

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Flim Flam has a few definitions.
    A Flim Flam according to websters is
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=flim-flam
    a. Nonsense; humbug.
    b. A deception; a swindle.

Flim Flam is also a term used in percussion (I am a drummer)

A Flim Flam is when you take your Stick and strike the head twice using both Sticks at the same Time yet with each down stroke one stick is Higher then the other. Making a Flim Flam sound.

A flam is when you raise one stick higher then on the down stroke both sticks strike the head at the same time.

(Actually to be very honest the stick that is not on the high stroke should strike the head just before the other - So if you where to slow down a Flam you would technically here two strikes - But I dont want to confuse anyone)

My point - A little education on what a Flim Flam is, and why it is in a school song I have no idea unless the actual music the drummers read requires one.

A little tidbit of useless information for you.

10. HatcherTiger

Okay, but what is "Making a Flim Flam sound." I'll probably be sorry I asked !