Elite recruits are spurning top in-state schools more than ever before

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Jan 24, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Inside LB, I was at the US Army All-Star game in the Alamodome. A big kid that gets through traffic well, no wasted motion, looks to be a leader on the defense. For as big as he is, very good speed and quickness.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Exactly my point. The nega-Tigers out there don't get the point the writer was making in the article. In their eyes, there are only two types of recruits in Louisiana, those that want to come to LSU, and those Miles let get away.

MLUTiger and TigerTap like this.
  3. dudley

dudley oops!

Interesting about Prince. He's from Baltimore. CCC came from the Baltimore area and since he's the OC I'd say he's got some skin in the game, so I wonder why they weren't after Prince from the getgo. Wonder if Cam is even involved in recruiting?

Re Grimes comment, that is great to hear. I don't know how recruiting responsibilities work for LSU but I get the impression that the position coaches are assigned certain areas of the country and it doesn't matter what position the recruit plays. In other words the DL coach may be recruiting a TE if he is in the coaches area of the country. I guess Grimes statement confirms that. IMO, Grimes has the right idea. Seems like the position coaches should be responsible for the position they coach and that includes recruiting.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Looking at the 2014 class red...

When you mentioned him I looked over a few of his video highlights. He certainly looks the part and also looks like he's going to be fun to watch play. A few more pounds and he could also fill that "hand in the dirt" LB role on blitzing downs.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

All coaches get a specific area to recruit but also recruit nationally at their position. We also use Frank and Raymond and Even Brick as closers to go along with Miles and Chavis.

Cam is very involved as well.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Word is Grimes closes well, also relates with the players very well.

7. dudley

dudley oops!

LOL. Just reading around for the past few minutes. Seems like Studrawa is the new OL coach at Maryland. Maybe he'll start recruiting Prince now, if that's correct.

LSUDad likes this.