Elizabeth Edwards diagnosed with cancer.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DDTigerFan, Nov 4, 2004.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Elizabeth Edwards, wife of John Edwards was diagnosed with breast cancer Wednesday. My prayers go out to Elizabeth, John and the entire Edwards family.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i will never understand why people care about famous people who get sick. this woman, i cant figure out why anyone would care if she lives or dies.

3. DDTigerFan

I could care less that she is famous...I hope that all who have cancer are able to live...my grandfather died from cancer and my grandmother is a cancer survivor and I know how terrible cancer can be and don't wish that on anybody.

4. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Not to make light of the situation but if I were a doctor there is no way in hell I'd want to treat this woman given her husbands legal history.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

well apparently you do care that she is famous, that is why you mentioned it. would you have mentioned it if jane random from randomtown has breast cancer? i feel like jane random is exactly as important, but she doesnt get mentioned.

6. DDTigerFan

Find me a newspaper article mentioning that Jane Random has cancer and I'll mention it...I posted this because I felt that some people on here would appreciate it, if you don't care that she has cancer why did you care to read and continue to read this thread?

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You're trying too hard, martin. My 43 year old cousin died of breast cancer in May and when I heard about Mrs. Edwards, I had the exact same thoughts as DD Tiger Fan. They are about to go through a very long and gut wrenching process and my heart goes out to them. Just because you are an atheist doesn't mean that you are expected to be a callous unfeeling SOB. Quit trying to impress us with your unorthodox views. It's getting extremely tiring.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i read it because i wonder why you guys care.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Good point. Edwards is about to learn the hard way how dedicated and professional most doctors are.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i un3erstand why you care about your cousin. i do not know why your cousin has more in common with mrs edwards than jane random.

why not just post and say "people we never met nor care about are continuing to contract cancer at normal rates"

to be honest i care more about jane random than i do mrs edwards.