Email I just sent to Dennis Dodd....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, Jan 7, 2004.

1. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

I had enough of his talking out of both sides of his mouth..so I decided to call him on it.

Dennis,

Once again, you and all the typical media types are constantly talking out of both sides of your mouth. Want proof?

You from the 2nd (before LSU beats OK):

“If national championship No. 8 (for OK) comes Sunday night, it will come in a haze of controversy, but it will be a title nonetheless.”

You from Jan 5th (after LSU beats OK):

“LSU wins Sugar Bowl and admiration, but not real national title”

“LSU won home-field advantage in the Superdome.. LSU, however, did not win a national championship, not one with any credibility” Note: You don’t mention USC’s home field advantage.

”LSU won the hearts of the South. If Al Gore had done that well, he might have taken Florida, something even the Tigers couldn't do.” Note: You never mention USC’s loss to Cal.

You from the 2nd: (Dodd speaking of OK before we beat them)

“Let's not forget how good Sooners really are!”

“one of the greatest programs of all time. Win or lose in the Sugar Bowl, No. 3 Oklahoma still has the second-best record in the 21st century, 48-5 (to Miami's 47-4). It is arguably richer in tradition and excellence than either USC or LSU.”

“This year blew away the country, landing a record six Sooners on the Football Writers Association of America All-America team. There were a record-tying five on the Associated Press team. There were 11 first-team All-Big 12 players. The 2003 Sooners surpassed 50 points a school-record seven times. During The Streak, Oklahoma scored more than 50 only nine times.”

You from the 5th : (Dodd speaking of OK after we beat them)

“That left us with a battle of two imperfect teams trying to make sense of an imperfect system”

“It made Oklahoma look like a flat-out fraud”

“But the teams couldn't figure out who wanted it less.”

“LSU beat the only team in the college football "final four" not to win its conference. And things look like they're getting worse, not better for Oklahoma. It lost back-to-back games for the first time since 1999.”

You from the 2nd: (Dodd speaking of Jason White before we beat them)

“Oh yeah, and the pride of Tuttle, Okla., White, was so dominant in winning the Heisman (a first for an Oklahoma quarterback) that he had to finish only three of 13 games.”

You from Jan 5th: (Dodd speaking of Jason White after we beat them)

Let's stress this again: Jason White looked like Barry White for most of the game, making you wonder if Heisman voters shouldn't have held their ballots until Sunday night.

Bottom line is, there wouldnt be any controversy if people like you weren't so biased in your opinions. The system is in place, like it or not. USC agreed to be part of that system, now all of a sudden, they want to buck it? I have an idea. Why dont they give back the BCS money they recieved for playing in the Rose Bowl. Why dont you ask that question in one of your so called columns. Oh, wait, you wont do that. Your biased. If this same situation were reversed with LSU being voted #1 in the AP poll, you would refuse to even acknowledge us. You have zero credibiblty, its proven above.

I strongly urge you to flood this assclown with emails and call him on his own stupidity.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

What's his email addy and I will

3. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

4. asortdnuts

asortdnuts Freshman

Dang! That was good man. I don't think any of us need to add anything.

5. asortdnuts

asortdnuts Freshman

............But, I will.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Done ! Your post is very revealing. What a joke. Its frightening to know that guys like him help decide who gets ranked and where. The medial totally screws everyting up, sports, news, politics ect. Anyone who questions them or threatens their power is "run out of town." I'm sick and tired of it. LSU and LSU alone is the National Champion ! Check the rankings back to the invention of football. There are alot of good second place teams who are not considered THE champion. Its like Pete Rose whining about being baned for life for betting on baseball. By virture of his employment in the league he agreed to abide by the rules. Don't cry about the penalty / outcome when you break the rule. He knew what was at stake when he bet. The same logic applies to USC. USC agreed to be part of the BCS and all that comes with it and had no problems with the BCS until it did not make it to the Sugar Bowl. Don't whine because you don't like the outcome. You knew how the system worked when you agreed to it. I sure don't see USC returning any of the money it won in a BCS sponsored bowl, the same system it now refuses to recognize.

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

"Douchebag" Dodd....nuff said.

8. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

what a clown ...great email

9. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

"I'm an LSU fan. I have nothing to say to you b/c my mother taught me to only speak if nice things are being said. Goodbye."

that is what i said

10. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

Bayou Bomber, leave some of that ass for the rest of us to chew!

Great e-mail. :D :D