.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not going to youtube to find it

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Sorry. I didn't check it after posting. This is from the NBC website.
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/shaunae-miller-dives-upsets-allyson-felix-400m-final

Felix was actually recovering from an April injury...torn ligaments in her right ankle. She came down off a pull up bar and accidentally landed on a medicine ball. We should ban both of those things.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Oregon Ducks 2016 season preview
    http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/102589/oregon-2016-season-preview

Most important player: Freeman. The junior running back has amassed 3,201 rushing yards and 35 touchdowns in his two seasons at Oregon.

Impact newcomer: Dakota Prukop. The quarterback will likely be named the starter this week. When looking at all the offensive weapons around Oregon’s quarterback position, it will be disappointing for the Ducks if they can’t effectively utilize all their tools because of spotty quarterback play. However, expect Prukop to step into the role and play better than Adams did last season. With more time on campus to deeply learn the offense, Prukop comes into a much better situation than Adams did a year ago.

Breakout player: Pharaoh Brown. The tight end isn’t just a feel-good story for the Ducks. He’s going to be a valuable piece of their offense this season. At 6-foot-6 and 234 pounds, with his agility and conditioning even better than it was before he was injured, he’s going to be a matchup nightmare for opponents.

:cool: gruesome,.. busted bones and tore shit up,.. for a couple of days they feared he would lose his leg

Position unit of strength: Running back. Behind Freeman, the Ducks have three backs most teams in the FBS would love to have on their roster. Taj Griffin, Kani Benoit and Tony Brooks-James all bring different skills to the table that help keep longtime running backs coach Gary Campbell busy.

Position unit of weakness: Defensive front seven. The Ducks really return only two players with significant starting experience: Torrodney Prevot andHenry Mondeaux. The linebacker position abounds with inexperience. Plus, the Ducks have installed a new scheme under new defensive coordinator Brady Hoke.

Biggest remaining question mark: Can they transition to Hoke’s defense? He took a three-man front at Michigan and turned it into a nasty four-man front in just one season, but some are questioning the personnel groupings at Oregon. Hoke and head coach Mark Helfrich hope the transition brings a strong pass rush and defensive presence in the trenches, but there really won’t be any answers until this unit faces a solid offensive group.

[​IMG]

Beavers!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    LSUTiga likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]

What we've learned from two years of the College Football Playoff
    the selection committee's 11 commandments.

1. Play a challenging schedule

2. Win your conference
    3. Lose early, not late
    4. Win the head-to-head debate
    5. Pass the eye test
    6. Don't assume undefeated means No. 1
    7. Find a Heisman-caliber QB (unless you're Alabama)
    8. Don't write anyone off in Week 1 (except Houston)
    9. Two teams from the same conference can be in the top four
    10. Don't panic over injuries
    11. Don't get comfortable until the final ranking is revealed
    more,.. http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...at-learned-two-years-college-football-playoff

[​IMG]

University of California at Berkely vs University of Hawaii

http://campusinsiders.com/news/cal-vs-hawaii-prediction-game-preview-08-22-2016
    College football's Kickoff Week begins in earnest next week, but the season's first college football game comes on Friday night (ESPN/WatchESPN, 10 p.m. ET).
    In Australia,.. California and Hawaii will kick off the season at noon local time in Australia, 17 hours ahead of America's West Coast

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

On number 9 Duckman: 2 teams from the same conference can be in the top four. Technically true, but has never been tested after the regular season schedule. They first did it with Miss St., ranked #1 and coming to #4 Bama. The game that was still scheduled to come at BDS solved that. Then of course last year. With LSU and Bama making the top 4 polls it was easy to include both, again, before they played each other. Doubt it ever happens after the CCG. The playoff committee likes conference champions too much.

6. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]
    I think Conference Champions should carry more weight in the playoff discussion, but if two undefeated teams played for their conference championship, then the loser with one loss would probably be entitled. I'm thinking the Ducks and UCLA.

Highlights: Cal beats Hawai'i in Australia

Army-Navy game
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I really like the Pac 12 depth. You had it last year and I see it happening again. That just means everyone is good enough to beat everyone. Do you really think UCLA is in the elite talent level in your conference? I know why Oregon is rated so high and don't blame you. I just don't see any top feeders that will separate from the pack again. Maybe Stanford, by way of developing a winning formula with Christian McCaffrey being the difference maker. Otherwise, it looks like a lot of attrition in the conference. If I happen to see the Ducks flying at the altitude the last poultry keeper had them, I'm all in on the Green and Gold.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I see a bunch of 9-3 teams with Stanford winning the PAC at 10-2 and not making the playoffs.

TUSKtimes likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Lol, me too. :eek:

10. GiantDuckFan

Army-Navy Game
    Michigan-Ohio State
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Christian McCaffrey is the most dominating offensive player I've seen since Rob Gronkowski,.. scares the shit out of you, afraid he'll score every-time to touches the ball. UCLA is one of the top 5 or 6 PAC teams,.. this year's story is yet to be written. Regarding the Ducks,.. Their season will mostly depend on Quarterback play,.. maybe Brady Hoke's improved defense will help too,.. we're changing to a 4-3,.. I hope for a undefeated season.

Aw fuck,.. this just in,.. https://www.dailyemerald.com/2016/08/26/oregon-lineback-torrodney-prevot-under-investigation-for-criminal-offense/

Not Green and Gold, Tusk,.. Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.
    [​IMG]
    Eugene,... the Emerald City,.. there's no place like home

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016