.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

The ghost of Chip Kelly looms large,.. the fans are spoiled,.. and the Oregonian writers are getting on his case,.. I think a couple more loses and the heat will be on Helfrich. I feel for him, it's not like he can go out and get more defensive players, has to play the hand he has, super young, maybe they will grow up.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Yep, but that's what Kelly did well, just outscored opponents.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

She deserves a second look
    [​IMG]
    Go Ducks!
    Chip Kelly is awesome,.. but the Ducks score plenty under Helfrich too,..
    Oregon beat Arizona State last year, 61-55 in triple overtime.

the problem is our defense,.. Nick Aliotti was Oregon's Defense Coordinator for more than twenty years,.. under Rich Brooks, Mike Belotti, and Chip Kelly,.... Nick ran the D, Chip ran the O,.. since Aliotti retired, going on 3 years now, our defense has deteriorated,.. C'mon Brady Hoke,.. you can do it.

Oregon Ducks vs. Washington State Cougars Pre-Game Analysis
    [​IMG]
    Cougar

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    LSUTiga likes this.
  4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

What's time of possession difference like these days for your defense Duckman?

5. GiantDuckFan

6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Go Ducks!

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. TUSKtimes

You must have turned the turbo off the HUNH? If I was Hoke I'd want the head coach to write in blood he wouldn't keep the defense out there 40 minutes a game. That's a killer.

8. GiantDuckFan

Hoke has been mostly holding his tongue about the hurry up no huddle,.. but it's still clear he don't like it. He has complained some, he especially doesn't like facing it all the time in practice,.. saying that it makes a defense soft,..
    http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/02/the_start_of_the_brady_hoke_er.html
    .....a problem might be how Hoke adjusts to coaching against a spread offense in practice. Back in 2011, Hoke told the Omaha World-Herald that he didn't have a spread offense at Michigan because he believed practicing against it would make his defense soft....

"It really puts your defense at a disadvantage when you're a spread offense because every day you're going against a finesse offense," Hoke said then. "You become a finesse team. Defensively, the last thing you want to be is a finesse defense. You want to be able to get downhill and knock the snot out of people."

quotes that could have been said by Brady Hoke,..
    http://fishduck.com/2016/06/oregon-offensive-scoring-records-will-fall-due-to-brady-hoke/
    “Whose wise idea was it to pair the Bend-but-don’t-Break-Defense with the Oregon Offense?”

“That defense works….I know as I’ve coached it, but why would you pair it with an offense that has been in the top five in the nation for scoring in each of the last five years? Oregon is known for rapid scoring, having some of the highest numbers of under-two minute drives in the nation. An offense like that can score a TON, so why pair it with a defense that is designed to be out on the field for long stretches–and keeps this scoring machine off the field?”

:cool: adjustments will be made, Hoke has a plan.. right now we don't have the CB's to make it work,.. but wait till next year:cool:

9. TUSKtimes

That is why a lot of teams run the power spread. The defense can play like they practice and the offense can control the clock as well. Coach Saban was asked why he started introducing hurry up concepts to his offense and one reason he gave was to assimulate his defense to it on gameday. It's always been true in football, whatever the offense preaches that's what the defense becomes.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]
    I'm confident we can work out our issues

TUSKtimes likes this.