.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

It looked like Tennessee was going to come out of this mess smelling like roses. Not so fast my friends.
    [​IMG]
    like Shane said elsewhere
    http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...n-currie-part-amid-tumultuous-coaching-search

Tennessee athletic director John Currie, who had been leading a disastrous coaching search, has parted ways with the university.

Currie flew back earlier Friday to Knoxville after interviewing Washington State coach Mike Leach on Thursday in Los Angeles. University officials instructed Currie not to broker a deal with Leach or anybody else prior to returning to campus, sources told ESPN.

[​IMG]
    Jimbo Fisher says, he'll wait until after his game on Saturday, to let people know where he's going

As Oregon watches Willie Taggart, college football waits on Jimbo Fisher's Texas-sized decision
    http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/ind..._watches_willie_tagga.html#incart_river_index

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chip Kelly had his pick of jobs -- here's why he chose UCLA
    http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21602533/chip-kelly-had-pick-job-here-why-chose-ucla

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Leach is no fool. He had to know that Currie wasn't going to be around long but he was willing to take the job anyway without knowing who the AD was going to be. They should have let Currie make the deal before firing him. And the shit show continues.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

Tennessee should have grabbed him while they had the chance.

I feel for Wazzu fans,.. they got double whammied,.. Washington State's AD, Bill Moos (Oregon's great AD from '95-'07),.. who hired Leach, improved facilities and had WSU athletics on the rise. Well, in October, he left to become Nebraska AD and now Mike Leach's name has been added to the Nation's coaching carousal,... it's gonna be a cold winter on the Pa-louse.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is Willie Taggart going to move to warmer climes?

It would have been fun to see Leach in the SEC.

5. GiantDuckFan

it's been fun watching him in the PAC, I hope wazzu gives him a fat new contract.

Many think, I'm divided, that if Florida State offered Taggart he'd go. Oregon's AD is taking it seriously, already organizing a new coach search committee. With that said, the Duck's have two prime HC candidates already on staff,.. DC Jim Leavitt and OC Mario Cristobal,.. I think they're both great, don't know who I'd pick,.. both with full resumes, both have been college HCs before. Our current Associate Head coach Joe Salave'a is too young, not ready yet

6. GiantDuckFan

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9. GiantDuckFan

I think that makes it unanimous. I was hoping for three years.

... but hey, he hasn't said he's leaving yet.

Brian likes this.
  10. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Hate it for you man, but he has been reported to crave one of the big Florida jobs (he is from Bradenton) and that FSU was tops on his list as a dream job. Third coach in what, 45 years? He has so many Florida ties. Should get a pay raise.

All that said, he is going from the penthouse to outhouse in facilities from Oregon to FSU.

One FSU reporter said it would be like going from Virtual Reality to Frogger. lol.