Emfinger says Hawkins is a Tiger

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUSPORTSFREAK, Jan 30, 2004.

1. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

2. Flynnscuzin

Flynnscuzin Founding Member

They made a mistake, Hawkins is still deciding between LSU and Miami with a Miami lean due to the overflow of recievers currently at LSU.

3. Flynnscuzin

LSU currently has 11 recievers including this years class eligible for next year. 10 of the 11 have/can/will be impact players. Plus there is a chance Patrick White will be moved to wide out which would make 12. Not too appealing to any uncommitted recievers out there. We are also out of scholies and have an unprecidented amount of players already committed. Never say Never though.......

4. Flynnscuzin

Wide Receivers: Amp Hill, Skyler Green, Micheal Russo, Schirra Fields, Gino Giambelluca, Terrell Clayton, Bennie Brazell, Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis, Junior Joseph, Xavier Carter, Early Doucet, and possibly Patrick White. Nice….maybe TOO nice.

5. Flynnscuzin

Maxem also has Brady Dalphrey as a Tech commitment when even the La Tech sports page doesnt have him listed... I think Maxem needs to check its sources.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here is what Tom Lemming had to say about this in a chat on ESPN today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve (Baton Rouge): Tom, has Lavelle Hawkins silently commited to LSU?

Tom Lemming: (3:40 PM ET ) That's the rumor, but I have not been able to confirm it.

7. conradj

conradj Founding Member

You can pretty much shorten this to Hill, Green, Bowe, Davis, Doucet, Carter. Maybe White. If hawkins would come he would jump everyone but these guys on the depth chart.

8. DJ

DJ Founding Member

Rivals says that they called Hawkins and he denied having already committed to LSU. Of course, everything I have seen about Hawkins has him leaning to LSU. Nevertheless, Max may have jumped the gun on this one.

I still think the odds are in favor of Hawkins making the sound decision to become a Tiger.