Emily Turner

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 23, 2008.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I just got off the phone with her about a pitching camp we're trying to put together in my area and I told her I was proud of her for being selected to be on the AD selection committee. She's also doing some anchor work with nbc.

Was wondering if anyone had seen her on the news and also thoughts about her being on the AD selection committee. There were some who questioned her being one of the members so I know there could be some who don't agree with it but I think having an accomplished athlete, a female, and someone who came to us from California, give some credible perspective and it makes her a great choice.

In the public schools, they now include students on committees to do assessments, etc. to have some insight from their perspective and I thought, in those terms, it was a good move.

What a shame she's so dam ugly. :lol:

Thoughts?

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Yea. I have dibbs for LSU Gladiator!

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

*Cough* Fox

http://www.kadn.com/about/bios/weather/10007281.html

Ehh... she hosted the "LSU's Hardest Hits" special (Fox News Louisiana special about the season prior to the BCS Championshipgame). She talks too much with her hands and kind of does that cheezy anchor talk thing too much as well.

4. clair

clair Rockets

she's done a good job so far...

The entire AD search committee is a joke, but that isn't her fault. It's not the members I dislike, it's the process that I dislike.

5. LSUTiga

Sorry, I haven't seen her but the email she gave me is an sumpin sumpin.nbc.com :confused:

clair, I have NO IDEA what the selection process involves. Is it too lengthy to elaborate on? I'd be interested in hearing.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

If I'm not mistaken, the local fox (wgmb) and nbc (wvla) affiliates are sister stations. They use the same station, equipment and such. Even seen one reporter on both news shows on the same night, but different time slots. That confused me.

7. clair

clair Rockets

they have this committee of like businessmen and former players, etc... who will gather together to help suggest who the next AD should be.

That's a good idea, no doubt, but it's a pointless process, because University President Lombardi is on this committee and of course, whoever he suggests, everyone will go along with it.

The others are merely puppets. Everyone knows their input has no significance towards the actual selection.

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

I think you're right, actually. That Nelson guy, now that I think about it, is the weatherman on both.

9. LSUTiga

Thanks.

Sounds like our Parish's "Affirmative action" committee. Group of educators assembled, interview candidates for openings (Principal, Supervisor, etc.). Problem being, the scoring of that facet are minimal, the "Committees" are usually very "Friendly" and most know the School Board will pretty much put who they want anyway.

10. SJS101

SJS101 Founding Member

It was BRUTAL watching her on air during the "LSU's Hardest Hits" special. Looked as though she was speaking and doing the sign language translation as much as those hands of hers were moving around. The over-emphasized cheezy anchor talk wore thin very early into the show. That being said....she's HOT