EMMERT STAYING AT LSU!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

WHEW! That was a close one. I feel that we really dodged a bullet here. We can all breathe a sigh of relief.

2. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

I agree that we definitely dodged a big time bullet on this one. I think it is now our responsibilty to put pressure on our elected officials to increase funding for THE university. It is time for the state legislature to begin treating LSU as the flagship university.

3. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

Well said NM Tiger, we kept Emmert this time, but if we don't change the way we treat education, and LSU as the #1 school in Louisiana then it will only be a matter of time before Emmert does leave.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I realize he was instrumental in getting Dinardo out and bringing Saban in but I don't know much about his other virtues. What makes Emmert such a great asset to the university?

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Among other things, Emmert is credited for raising the academic standards of LSU. He is not part of the "good ole boy" network and has stood up to the politicians to support LSU and not just become another politician. He is considered (nationally) to be one of the bright stars in collegiate administration. He will continue to be courted by other schools so we better keep him happy (and not just give him lip service).

(That's just off the top of my head, he has many more accomplishments but I'm at work...)

6. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

This link talks about Emmert's overall acomplishments when first coming to LSU. Click -->> HERE <<--

This link talks about the new coastal energy building, Emmert is a driving force in improving education. http://www.lsu.edu/university_relations/lsutoday/000114/pageone.html

He is a valuable asset to the school in terms of education, not to mention he hand picked Saban (so far so good on that one) He also stood behind Bertman for AD, and had a hand in selecting John Brady. He knows NCAA sports are big business, but without education the university is lost. Emmert is a great mix and we need a guy like that at LSU.

Ok, off my soap box and back to sports...