Emmitt Smith wants Miles to coach Fla

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Nov 28, 2014.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

LSUDad likes this.
  2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Why the hell would Les go to that shithole?

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

1. LSU has always paid coaches competitively.
    2. Are you kidding me?
    3. Bigger state, but fewer division I players per capita and serious competition for them from FSU and Miami.
    4. Try 1.5% larger recruiting budget in a state with 420% of Louisiana's population.
    5. Why would he want a downgraded schedule?

5. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

If Miles went to FLA and took his 10 wins per season with him, including a win over LSU every other year, then all of the Miles haters would melt down and make him into the second coming of Saban (traitor, liar). Don't see it happening but heaven help this board if it did.

LSUDad, roynav and Mis'sippi Tigah like this.
  6. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

TigerTap, I live in Florida and agree with reasons 5 and 6, but the rest I'm not so sure about. While Florida has a larger recruiting base than Louisiana, you have seven in-state schools recruiting it (UF, FSU, Miami, UCF, USF, FIU, and FAU), not to mention dozens of other FBS programs. If CLM locks down the talent in Louisiana year in and year out then LSU will have as good or better talent than UF. I follow recruiting closely in Florida, and in a good year UF is lucky to get 10-15 of the top 100 players in the state. LSU is one of a handful of schools to enjoy being the only FBS school in their state, and that should mean something when it comes to recruiting in state. Lately, CLM has not locked down the state and that is hurting us.

As for pay, CLM makes $4.3M and Muschamp $3. Would UF pay $4M for a quality coach? Yes, but CLM's stock is not real high right now...college football has a "what have you done lately" mentality.

As for recruiting budgets, not sure there is much difference in what UF and LSU spend on recruiting. You don't have to spend a lot of $s if you have good talent in state to recruit. I recall reading an article that Alabama and Tennessee spend the most on recruiting in the SEC because they do not have enough talent in state to compete at the elite level.

Just my opinion, but LSU is a better job right now than UF.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

8. roynav

roynav free your mind

Maybe he meant better online fan support. Online Tiger fans can be chickens*t. Every year there are "the QB sucks" threads and "Les must go threads." Etc.

TigerTap and LSUDad like this.
  9. roynav

roynav free your mind

Doesn't Les have a clause in his contract that he has to get top 3 pay if he wins a NC? One should also factor in the total coaching staff salary. Cam and the Chief have to be at/near the top of what any DC/OC in the country make.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. roynav

roynav free your mind

TigerTap and LSUDad like this.