End of Net Neutrality

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 29, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Firstrow and vipboxonline.eu also.

That's how I've been able to watch games for a few years now while at work or off somewhere w no cable.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Are you saying the champions of the poor and downtrodden have sold out to an industry. Oh the shame.

KyleK likes this.
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Is this stealing or is it legit?

You know this thread shows why net neutrality is being overrun by the cable companies. Most people don't understand it and how it will relate to their service moving forward.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are not paying for it if that is what you are asking. However, they are UK streams as you can tell from their commercials.

5. LaSalleAve

They are stealing it, we are just streaming.

6. LaSalleAve

I cut cable because it's bloated and useless. Why should I have to pay for 400 channels I don't watch just get 2 that I do watch. Then I have to pay all these other fees and buy different tier packages for a service that should cost about 30 bucks, I was paying 170 and sometimes 200 a month.

LSUpride123 and gyver like this.
  7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Well that's a pretty fine line.

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

There is a whole lot going on in the interweb world right now between Big Industry, Government, and innovators.

The Supreme Court is in the decision phase of weather or not it is legal to stream OTA broadcast signals to thousands of households and charge a fee. If they decide that it is legal then it will turn upside down the existing model of retransmission consent fees. The days of broadcast companies screwing cable/satellite companies and them screwing us may come to an end.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/new...y-global-almost-invested-in-aereo-1201167065/

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't really get the point of streaming signals that anybody can pick up over the airwaves with a $20 antenna. Why would anybody pay for that?

Now radio might be a little different. LSU doesn't allow streaming of their sports broadcasts. I only know this because I have been in other states and tried to use the Tunein or the I Heart Radio app to listen to an LSU game being broadcast on 98.1 FM. All you can hear is the classic rock music that is their regular program. The Saints, on the other hand do not prohibit the streaming of their broadcasts

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

But in places like NYC where you live in a high rise and get poor OTA reciption, then you have to pay for cable, which Comcast owns a monopoly. $10 bucks or so gets you the broadcasting from a streaming provider without the incredible monthly cable bill.